Pure evil villains are far better than tragic villains

Pure evil villains are far better than tragic villains.

Attached: Vamdemon.jpg (801x600, 93.63K)

no shit. A villain doesn't need a backstory or motivation. they just need strong stage presence

Myotismon did literally nothing wrong.

A lot of people would disagree with that, I'm not one of them. But people think a more complex character is automatically better which I believe is false.

pure evil protagonist > pure evil villain

Exactly i grew up with those kind of villains,evil for the sake of evil is good you can still like a villain without a backstory,that's the problem with modern villains,i will always prefer a Frieza over obito or whatever ever the fuck is the villain in myhero.

Just like real life, individuals have success if they are handsome and charismatic. Same goes for antagonists. Their motivations mean jackshit

>only exists to get beaten by the chosen heroes
I don't think these jingling keys are very entertaining.

Attached: think about it logically .png (1912x2160, 3.04M)

Yeah, and? That actually allows you to focus more on the development on the hero. If you try to make every character deep and complex then what ends up happening is you get a terrible story where nothing is properly fleshed out. The villain is the perfect character to simplify because they are simply the force that moves the plot along.

Attached: villain tiers.jpg (914x1563, 803.96K)

>That actually allows you to focus more on the development on the hero
Eh, it depends. Are you talking about Power Rangers tier enemies for bizarre stories? Then yes I guess. But it's always good, and it helps the development of the hero, to have an enemy that at least clashes with them more than just "the enemy is bad and the hero is good"

midwit take

>If you try to make every character deep and complex then what ends up happening is you get a terrible story where nothing is properly fleshed out. The villain is the perfect character to simplify because they are simply the force that moves the plot along.
Complete dumbass take. The villain is usually one of the central characters in the story, and thus needs to be complex. Complex doesn't mean they need to be tragic or even humanized, but they can't be a pure evil caricature with nothing but "charisma" or they will only be able to keep the attention of morons.

your grammar is very bad

There's different types of development than just the changing of the heroes ideals, Like the changing of the heroes personality, Or the specific dynamics between the hero and his entourage. Both of which can be done with a more complex villain sure but it's much easier to do it when your villain is simply an obstacle. Also villains don't have to be drama queens in order to have ideological differences with the hero.

Digimon isn't good.

FUCK YOU ENIGMATIC GALE.

Depends, they're more fun that's for sure

There's a reason why freeza is one of the most iconic villains in anime. And it's not cause he's some amazing well developed character. No it's because his actions are what influence the other characters.

For one, pure evil is much easier to write.

Tragic villians sadly often turn out as nothing more than whiny faggots who just blame their failures on others.

A villain's quality gas nothing to do with its level of complexion, you have great villains who are more gray than anything (Char) as well as pure, irredeemable pieces of shit without a single quality to their names (Kokushibou), as well as shit villains who try to be conflicted (Makishima Shogo) as well as completely pathetically one-note bad guys (Danzō). It's all about the execution, one particular kind is not necessarily superior to the other and they quite frankly serve such different purposes not only you shouldn't compare them but also shouldn't think you're supposed to take one over the other.

>level of complexion
complexity*, in no way am I implying you can draw parallels between a character's moral qualities and how much of a nigger he is.

The major from Hellsing is the best example that comes to my mind,i love this character because of his goal not his backstory.

Agreed

Attached: Evil ELITE.jpg (736x454, 71.44K)