Is Dragon Ball better than Z?

Attached: Dragonball.jpg (1000x1250, 149.53K)

They're different series in all aspects.
dragon ball is martial arts and heroism.
Z is superpowers and stoicism.
The only commonality being the core cast, but even they change enough to be considered different people in both series.

Yes

Attached: bulma.gif (426x317, 2.97M)

Attached: 97678.jpg (559x675, 85.24K)

Krillin being killed, King Piccolo killing everybody and even the Dragon, and then Tien going off on his own to master the Mufuba was all incredibly kino the first time I watched it
RR arc is a drag
I'm pretty I'm also the only person who doesn't really care for the 23rd Budokai Tenkaichi

goku is practically just bumping around in DB, Z is much more about heroism even if you count >muh just saving the world from the world-threatening menace for the waku waku haha

It's one continuous series. It's better to ask in terms of years or sagas.

Attached: Bulma.png (786x540, 307.63K)

Not the anime

Overall, yes.

Attached: Gut punch.png (500x540, 221.74K)

They're both funny, well animated, and have beautiful art.

Immensely. Dragon Pall original is a wonderful adventure story filled with magic comedy and fights that had some semblance of weight. Characters mattered and even with the magic wish dragon things felt like they had stakes. If you wanted to wish someone back it was much more of a process to find ONE dragon ball let alone all seven. And as for the matter of Goku himself, he is a much better character here. He loves to fight and train but even as a hillbilly monkey he had more of a sense of conscious and responsibility than he ever had as an adult. I don't know what happened to him between then and Z but it's like a complete different character.

Attached: goku.png (1061x798, 507.97K)

DBZ isnt actually a thing in japan, it's all just Dragon Ball

Attached: BULMASS.png (708x2038, 810.55K)

DBZ TRANSCENDS WEIGHT

Attached: 1659908064203355.webm (640x360, 2.82M)

SO does your mom, doesn't mean she makes for an interesting manga

hey man, kind of rude, I just like DBZ okay

Attached: vs086.png (1230x927, 1.22M)

They look very different on the surface, but really, the OG-Z distiction is arbitrary marketing shit.
The Piccolo saga has more in common with the Saiyan saga, and perhaps even the Buu saga, then with the ones that came before it.

We're not in Japan