Why DBZ is more popular on mexico and south america than in japan?

Why DBZ is more popular on mexico and south america than in japan?

Attached: goku tacos.jfif.jpg (716x537, 57.09K)

Because spics are poor and open tv is the only entertainment they can afford, which runs DBZ 24/7
t.spic

Because both all three know it's become a parody of itself, the Mexicans have accepted and embraced the stupidity, while Japan has moved on and is waiting for it to die a quite dignified death, even though we all know it's long since passed that opportunity.

>Japanese are Low T
>Spics are high T

I think there are mainly two reasons

- DBZ fits with latino culture. They love slapstick, bizarre/dark humor, tits and asses and violence. The latter make more acceptable to still enjoy DBZ. There are many latinos still pretending DBZ was aimed to teenagers when the audience has always been kids

- The manchildren epidemy finally hits Latin America around the late 90s, early 00s. Reminder that for most of their history, the vast majority of the population were basically serfs and they were denied even their human condition. Around the 50s to 70s the masses obtained the condition of human beings and migrated to the cities. And before the 90s, latino kids had to grow quickly because the hunger, exploitation, dictatorships, American interventionism, etc. There was enough stability in the 90s for the children of the migrants to indulge into childish fantasies. The middle-class is relatively recent and their kids found DBZ in TV, along Saint Seiya

Attached: Virgo saint.jpg (800x566, 568.98K)

Because there weren't many choices back then.
Cable TV was affordable when it aired, user, but there wasn't much anime available either.

/thread

Last time I was there I saw gyms with Goku painted on the exterior as an advertisement lol

Do Mexicans also skip the original Dragon Ball?

why hasn't the Japanese done special DBZ related advertising in Mexico? Just have Goku holding (product) and sales will skyrocket

Dragon Ball came first than DBZ

as a mexican I can say, this is true

original db is unusually aired, hell last time that they aired db in open tv was early 2000's

DBZ is the Star Wars of Latin America

Attached: baggedjpg.jpg (900x854, 532.23K)

Didn't Toei job tothe Mexican Government when they tried to stop spics from publicly streaming the ToP finale

The simpsons and dragon ball used to be the only things on tv

Are they even aware of its popularity?

My uncle has a taco stand in Mexico, he almost put Goku on it but put Johnny Bravo instead.

Because we had good dubs and not censorship. The same reason Saint Seiya was a big hit. Americans had the bad luck of receiving every anime censored, with diferents OPs and too americanized.

The Japanese embassy in Mexico denounced the local government for allowing public transmitions of the final episodes of the ToP. It was the first time anime cause an international issue

They tried but the Mexican gov told them to fuck off

It can't be helped. It's their puritan culture mixed with American exceptionalism. They see themselves as superior to the rest of the world and everything foreing needs to be "americanized" to be a hit in the land of the free. It doesn't help boomers are still mad for WW2 and the Japanese miracle

Remember to report these threads; the one making them is a Mexican supremacist trying to have an Any Forums chatroom on every board.