Are anime originals completely dead now...

Are anime originals completely dead now? It seems like all anyone is hyped for is adaptations of things people already liked.

Attached: Nornir3.jpg (1000x565, 310.08K)

They're too risky and most don't sell well.

Isn't Lycoris Recoil an anime original

retard

yes

this
why would that matter?

Take a look at the most popular show this season, you buffoon

Engage Recoil and Lycoris Kiss are the only anime that matter this season

Attached: Screenshot (24).png (1920x1080, 1.95M)

Lycoris is doing "well" and still 8th place this season according to MAL, as the highest original.
Fall is already the fucking shounen apocalypse.
Yeah, it's dead

Personally I like to be surprised by anime instead of hoping they don't fuck an adaptation up

I'm just trying my best to get people have more awareness of Anime originals before they completely die out in the hopes that they continue on.

Like people said they're too risky and you get more money in general for adapting a popular shounen then doing a anime original.

Yes, but that only applies if you read the source material. Personally i barely ever watch the anime adaption of what ive already read, not out of fear of it being different but because i don't feel its worth it.

In the last 2 years I watched: ID: Invaded, Deca-Dence, Kamisama ni Natta Hi, Wonder Egg, Odd Taxi, Sonny Boy

not a great amount of originals but I know there's at least 5-6 others I did not watch. Considering the undertaking for one I "think" this is fine but I'm sure someone out there has compared it to past years already and it's probably pathetically low.

because otaku died, now you have ironic weeb posers that don't care about creators, directors, character designers, composers, writers, or anything beyond surface level (aka: muh sakuga and muh studio), how can you be excited about an original if you basically know nothing about it? the poster? the pv? well sure but that alone won't generate hype among many people

10/10 bait. I acknowledge it with a (You)

FUCK you faggot, and die.

Anime originals are a product of the 80s, 90s, and 00s (really the latter two decades) especially in the mecha, and to an extent sci-fi, genre. Before then, most anime were just adaptations.

"Hype" doesn't matter in this case. There are currently 13 anime originals airing this season alone, with the more popular ones being Lycoris Recoil (one of the most popular titles of the season) and Yurei DECO.

Will there ever be originals as popular as the big titles before? Maybe, maybe not. But they're definitely still around.
And we're all waiting on Despera anyways.

Well of course more people will be more hyped for adaptations, there's already a pre-existing fanbase

Yes isnt it great ? Dear god lovely

Trying too hard to fit in, sure there are "ironic weebs" or whatever the fuck but there are also more diehard otaku then ever before.

You want Loli original anime don't You?

As long as there are passionate directors, I don't think originals will truly "die". However it's true that both the production and consumer side has largely turned against the creation of originals.

The kind of people who seek and are open to the creation of originals are those who are largely bored and seeking more, but the current demographics of fans do not fit into this and are doing it for more external reasons like lazy escapism, social conformity, identity formation, ego, etc. The inherent risk and unknown factor of originals does not fit into any of their preferences so they are largely apathetic to their decline.

Líes You don't count as an Otaku die hard. Prove it !

Making somsthing original is taking risk. Like always, japan has learned from the use and no longer takes risks.

You want more anime original about little girls I bet

Furthermore, enthusiasts aren't very profitable to be honest, mainstream fans will be willing to dump much more merchandise and streaming services, whereas many enthusiasts resort to piracy. That's why in places like mecha that can resort to gunpla are still somewhat surviving compared to drama or horror.

But anyways, instead of lamenting the
inevitable recuperation of the medium, I'd suggest you just move on to newer hobbies like AR or VR.

People like it when originals are shown to be "successful" and good, but that doesn't mean they lament the lack of new originals because they fear the risk of a trainwreck much more than a success.