Kouya ni Kemeno thread?

Kouya ni Kemeno thread?
just binged it over a weekend
pros:
art 10/10
20/10 for 2x brown tomboys
seemed to work in the pagan religious culture and themes in a knowledgeable and respectful manner
cons:
most of the Dokkaku soldiers died pretty pathetically, i guess could be a plus considering that irl they would actually be really useless soldiers
middle of the story gets bloated with way too many factions and names
that annoying shitty bat man surviving way too long and tigerlady dying way too soon
Houzan being an insufferable male Mary Sue villain for most of it
Maya completely vanishing for most of the story and then just dying

Attached: 20421a42b8c93f2649e551aa2ee0dd0c.jpg (981x1400, 241.26K)

Cute monkey

Attached: 1405870621235.png (831x1200, 530.16K)

stupid sexy monkey

Attached: 92ad8983-f311-41da-9d08-82a8445b50fb.png (500x1306, 543.69K)

>most of the Dokkaku soldiers died pretty pathetically
That's kinda the point, no? They were ultimately just Beasts Lamenting(tm) their fate and were thus consigned to the fate of beasts, that being dying pointlessly and unremarkably.
>middle of the story gets bloated with way too many factions and names
I thought this when I first read through it too but on a reread it's actually very coherent, there are just some deep cuts and callbacks which makes it hard to follow at first.
>Houzan being an insufferable male Mary Sue villain for most of it
It was kind of bullshit that he could mog dokakku soldiers and passively resist the monkey tribes' mind control, yeah, but his actual plays within the narrative a pretty consistent with a villain who just acts reasonably and professionally and doesn't underestimate the protagonist.
>Maya completely vanishing for most of the story and then just dying
This was bullshit, I never once bought that Mikado actually cared about her as much as the mangaka wanted me to believe he did.
Still one of the best manga I've ever read though, I'm a sucker for high-concept and well-researched scifi/fantasy like this.

Attached: 29-n.jpg (1160x1600, 464.28K)

The biggest plothole in the story is Houzan admitting he is unable to hold back against cyborg bodyguards yet a Japanese company believes Dokkaku soldiers are more profitable than cyborg soldiers. Houzan acknowledges the threat level of cyborg soldiers but the bad guys want to waste all their time and money on animal soldiers with psychological issues.

desu I thought this was where it was going to go in the last couple chapters with the cyborgs and the introduction of the power armor suits and the exoskeleton cyborg kid being the last big bad
coupled with this point about Hanzou being an effective villain because he operates like a real soldier, logically and rationally and professionally
seems like there was some fertile ground to explore ideas like a viewpoint from some opposing scientific faction who wanted to research the evolutionary possibilities of the virus without expending it on frivolous military applications

Attached: 0230c4afd3dcbd4609451ca28fccd0d1.jpg (736x1073, 199.32K)

Honestly, the female cyborgs were wasted potential which is surprising since the second chapter of this manga introduced a cool female cyborg fighting against a bat soldier and before she gets a chance to be further elaborated on, the author decides to have Houzan just kill her and make her exit the story.

The art is great but the story does have this dated vibe where rule of cool overrides the story at some points to its detriment. A lot of the Houzan stuff is like that.

If it had featured all the Dokkaku as protagonists and been from that PoV it would probably have been more interesting. And I'm not just saying that because monke is a GOAT waifu.

>no ass

several
>Mikado & maya
I don't understand why couldn't the structure of the story center on both the protagonist & maya's developing relationship as they uncover the main plot for a longer duration of the manga like several arcs worth before separating them? instead we get mc with makura even tho she's not the main romantic love interest or FMC at all.

The manga ends without showing Maya's father being mindbroken over the fact that he now has 2 murdered daughters thanks to his career. I wonder if he committed suicide afterwards.

This is your stereotypical manga where a certain character becomes popular but unfortunately the character died so you end up bored and uninterested.

>that annoying shitty bat man
shit taste. He's the best character, also the strongest.

I'd say it's more the stereotypical author pet manga.

I really think it was brave from the author to get her out of the way like that. No plot armor at all for once.

True. But I think this is the problem when writing a story. You really don't know which character will get popular. This reminds me of Claymore where the dead character is forced to get "revived" at the end as fanservice. Literally hundreds of chapters have passed and that dead character is still more popular than the main character.

Cool, Im currently binging it now. Absolutely love the references to mayan spirituality. But I hate how the author keeps trying to frame it in a materialist lens. Still amazing in every aspect though.

Attached: kouya-ni-kemono-doukokusu c22...jpg (1160x1600, 491.17K)

Mayan and Buddhist references*

Great manga, one of my all time favourite. I love the fact that it focuses on ancient mesoamerican civilisation and myths.

Attached: 110.png (1160x1600, 2.55M)

I thought Houzan was based. He did get wanked too much but I cannot bring myself to dislike him.
>Still one of the best manga I've ever read though, I'm a sucker for high-concept and well-researched scifi/fantasy like this.
I really want to reread this in the future after I've read more about the buddhist/meso/guinea shit.

Attached: banana split.png (587x738, 141.67K)