One Piece Pacing Rant

Toei is so fucking greedy the show is becoming unwatchable. How do fellow one piece fans not claw their eyes out when watching Big Mom falling for 30 minutes, followed by a flashback to Big Mom falling 4 minutes after she's done falling? It's been like this all timeskip.

Oda's style is to juggle a bunch of different characters and story threads at once, which when the show is spread out to half a chapter per week, is a form of torture. Do we just binge watch it? Even that's painful. Save me, bros.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-08-06 183238.png (507x257, 207.65K)

It became unwatchable when they jumped over the drawbridge at Enies Lobby.

That is literally the exact moment the show pacing died.
You're retarded.

Retarded for not having the exact same opinion as you, yes, absolutely. Worms like you are sickening.

Does any other popular manga have this much trouble getting a decent anime adaptation? One piece is cursed

Nobody cares about your wan piss shit. Go back to rеddit

I really feel bad for oda, the absolutely fucking disrespect. He really had bad luck when Toei chose One Piece

pacing wasn't an issue for me until dressrosa. since then though I've been watching the show at 1.25 speed. pretty sure this is the actual speed they intended for the show but they slow it down to fill time. with few exceptions for special scenes, you should be watching at 1.25 speed.

Right? At least we still have a good manga, but it's a shame. Imagine if it was a seasonal anime, or produced by Madhouse. It would be so worth it.

Same I've literally been fast forwarding through the parts where they're just running around and shit.

Yeah, like, Kimetsu and even fucking JoJo reached to normies thanks to having good and easy tofollow adaptations
You cant just fucking dedicate 18 minutes to 2 panels man
Too bad nips are too polite but if I was Oda I would be shitting on them

as if the manga is any better

>WEEEDDDIIIIINNNGGG CAAAKKKEEEEE for 30 chapters

it really makes you realize how little happens in episodes now. take out the OP and ED songs and watch at the proper 1.25 speed and you get like 15 minutes max of stuff happening and then the episode ends. It's funny because even those 15 minutes will be filled with reaction shots and reused animations. at least they're trying to include at least one cool scene per episode now. Even if that one cool scene is just there for them to post on social media to generate buzz for the anime. at least it's something.

I just let Koreans make clips and watch them on YouTube. If I actually watch an episode, I skip through shit. I specifically skipped past that four minutes of Big Meme falling. Helps to read the manga because I already know what happens. Don't know how anime-only viewers cope.

So what should Toei do? Fire hundreds of workers to wait until Oda finishes One Piece? Make filler arcs that could end up contradicting whatever lore Oda has saved up?

You're only realizing this now? How many hours of your life did you waste watching people running from falling rubble in Dress Rosa and Whole Cake?

Attached: 1421013508413.gif (500x500, 67.14K)

Yes

>He thought Skypiea was watchable
>He thought Alabasta was watchable

I won’t watch any show with filler. Simple as

They really just have to go seasonal. Like someone else mentioned in this thread, Jojo does it, and has a great adaptation thanks to that. Keep the 400 staff and produce episodes in batches. That would fix this trickle of diarrhea I think.

no reason they can't just take some time off, reorganize, and release episodes weekly but animate them in batches.
>take a year off
>animate 6 months worth of episodes
>release them weekly
>while that's happening you continue animating the next 6 months of episodes

I don't know how similar this is to how they already work but it could give them some wiggle room to improve animation