There's nothing wrong with romcoms

The problem lies with the beta males that make pathetic excuses for MCs.

Attached: 2.png (850x1200, 227.48K)

Take the shoujopill.

Attached: 1657892208145.jpg (1500x800, 365.39K)

Good point.

I dont mind beta males, makes it rasy to self insert. But damn dude, advance the fucking plot, you think this writes are physically allergic to the plot advancing. For way too many romcoms, nothing fucking happens. Look at KanoKari, 200+ chapters and they still go around in cirles. Every romcom im reading is 100 or close to 100 chapters and they barely advanced the plot.

The guys are too chad, i can't self insert.

At least Seto had the balls to actually confess in a direct, no bullshit manner

Anjou-san unironically has the least bad MC since a few chapters back

what are the best shoujo

Sadly Japanese like it
Gaijin aren't their audience

i would enjoy romcoms more if the romance aspects actually progressed. seems like they usually just stagnate and draw out the same jokes forever. it becomes all com with no rom and the comedy ceases to even be entertaining. idk why so many romcom fans seem to have an aversion to characters that admit their feelings or have sex or anything

Negima figured it out like 20 years ago. Just make the MC a shota, then you can make him assertive without having to come up with an excuse for why he isn't fucking anyone. Sadly, not many have followed its example.

The problem does not lie with beta males. The problem lies within the idea that the beta male is somehow incomplete or contributes nothing to society when clearly the male is an upstanding citizen. Its why many romcoms that feature beta males feel unfair because they clearly are not hateable human beings, and are entirely capable of getting girlfriends. Thus the idea that a girl might like thr beta mc is such a redundant idea that makes the MC seem like just a lucky bastard rather than someone who literally cannot get a gf because he contributes nothing to society.

The solution is that they should feature the beta male as extremely compitent and feature the girl as extremely unlikable.

Even someone like Goujo from the cosplay romcom seems a bit lucky because at the end of the day he still poised to manage the Hina doll shop

The other solution is to have the beta MC seem much more relatable by showing that girls are obviously interested in him, and while he himself knows it, fights against it for some reason, maybe self doubt, pity, depression who knows.

The point I'm making here is that japanese romcoms are all about finding that person who then makes you a complete person who can contribute to japanese society, where as, by himself is not complete and cannot contribute because he is incomplete

Twenty something years ago he'd slurped that bathtub in one go.

Attached: 1644538075209.png (343x528, 66.04K)

House of the sun

end your life

shoujo is still lacking
what you're looking for is named TL

the thing is, Gojo IS the prize in Sono Bisque Doll, he's too good for Marin and she's been squirming for him in the latest chapters because deep down she wants him all for herself but the only romance experience she has is eroges

Attached: 1657835117062.png (1233x1166, 1.1M)

Finally a good fucking thread.

True.

Attached: 50708450._SY475_.jpg (308x475, 29.56K)

ill agree with all the shoujo points being better except the very bottom one and i will not apologize for being right either.

I can't stand shoujo. I already get mad at shonen romance, shoujo romance is literally the lonely femcels WET DREAM COME TRUE.

Its literally
>oh I'm too smart/pretty/feminine to catch a bf
>literally 10 equally qualified guys line up to bone her.
>only decides to go out with the one that makes her fucking stupid heart go doki doki