Whose the target audience for yuri-bait? I would think it would just annoy both crowds...

Whose the target audience for yuri-bait? I would think it would just annoy both crowds, those who dislike yuri and those who like yuri. Are series that have open lesbian relationships harder to get picked up by publishers or something? It doesn't seem that way.

Maybe it's just an extension of the whole "no male characters, so the girls stay pure" thing?

Attached: Gay as sunshine-We promise.jpg (1314x992, 596.87K)

guntards

Attached: Lycoris Recoil - Episode 1 - Chisato Blocks Handgun.jpg (1566x1600, 182.82K)

People who just like cute anime girls being into other anime girls without it being explicitly romantic. It leaves room for fun shipping, discussion and speculation, while with actual yuri romance you mainly get relationship drama.

Yurifags are too dense to realize they're being shit on by the writers. Japan is homophobic.

>Are series that have open lesbian relationships harder to get picked up by publishers or something?
If anything they're picking up these days, but anime are major investments and few are willing to take the risk by completely cutting out waifufags. It'll be another decade before you see anime as casually yuri as modern manga. A ton of the audience are also animeonlies who have no clue what they're missing out on and are satisfied with the bare minimum of shipteasing.

>while with actual yuri romance you mainly get relationship drama.
Not even close. There's plenty of explicitly gay series with no drama or where the drama doesn't stem from the relationship itself.

>……そしてほのかに愛!?
It's not bait.

Attached: 1630210285368.png (1920x1080, 2.23M)

Can't dare to make lesbian romance. Can only make superifical yuribait that's actually shitting on lesbians in message. Homosexuality is just too immoral for them.
But slavery and rape centered anime? Just fine.

Attached: 1659611057964237.png (1880x864, 1.63M)

>Can't dare to make lesbian romance
There's plently of yuri romance in Japan, even in series not advertised as such.

Attached: 1630019265130.png (1289x1005, 1.55M)

But you can't make an ANIME about it. Not ever. And when they do make yuribait, it moralizes about how homosexuality is wrong or fake.
It has the gall to make this about morals, when they love slavery and rape so much.

This just happened last season.

Attached: 1641426819756.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

One always has to be the "man" in the relationship don't they? I'll give her props for at least wearing a dress to the wedding. A woman wearing a suit to her wedding isn't brave and bold, it just looks absurd.

She's more feminine in the novels.

Attached: 1638910425400.jpg (1200x1800, 375.22K)

gunshit is why I don't want to watch it
t. yurifag

Attached: fuj.png (650x334, 259.07K)

Most "romance" in anime is bait, straight or gay. just two characters blushing at each other for the entirety of the show.

>"little roberto" means dildo in czech

I just dont get the whole "waifufags dont like yuri" thing. Dont waifufags watch shows with male protags? Isnt that worse cause they are getting cucked by some guy instead of a girl? Is self insert really that powerful of a thing? It's not like waifufag will have actual interaction with the girl, be it from yuri or not yuri works, so it doesnt matter if the girl is lesbian or not.

t. can't self insert to save his life

Attached: 1649357678468.jpg (1280x720, 107.27K)

Harem and yuri have a lot in common

entire population watching this show
>wow this is extremely yuri
random retards on Any Forums
>umm they arent sucking on eachothers clits and there is a male so it doesnt count

Because it's about "morals" and "reality".

I'm a gay dude and I watch yuri show because they are cute.
It's cute. What's there to argue?

No one is talking about yuri except for Any Forums

lol

Perhaps you should expand your world beyond MAL comments and look to the east.

Jap artists are making fuckton of yuri fanart so you're wrong

c**m*rs, these kind of shows always flop.

It's always this ideal vs reality preaching with Japan stuff. Plus they don't want to infect viewers with homosexuality, right?

yurifags dislike straight romance more than yuribait. non-yurifags don't mind yuribait. seems like an easy choice

idolfags, school uniformfags, anime girl gunfags

Yuri has taught me that every female is innately gay, and that the few who like dick, choose to do so. Oh, and that a coupling of two lipstick lesbians is rarer than a unicorn under a blue moon.

I like yuri and straight non-harem romance.