Over 1000 episodes

>over 1000 episodes
Literally how? Does like nothing happen the entire time and everything is dragged out way longer than it should be?

Attached: One_Piece,_Volume_61_Cover_(Japanese).jpg (220x347, 38.79K)

Epics require large page counts.

It's literally the same arc over and over again but with different characters.

LYNCHED

You answered your own question.

He just writes as he goes like most long running shonenshit.

>ask stupid question
>only stupid people reply
incredbile

>over 1000 episodes
>about 20 minutes each
>easily the equivalent of 14 days of your life invested on watching one piece
to anyone who has done it, i have a question... is it really worth it?

Some arcs are really dragged out but most are a pretty appropriate length. The main issue is that emphasizing/exploring certain themes and concepts genuinely takes a lot of repetition (as you need to offer different perspectives for compare and contrast, build parallelism/patterns for readers to get it). I'm working on a manga currently and while the true essence of the journey probably could be rushed through in ~5 arcs it has to be ~15 to really drive the points home.

Yes.

The are like 350 episodes where nothing happens

Easily. Some people spend more than that fucking bowling.

Literally so much is happening (manga) on a single page that people are complaining that the earlier stuff was better because it was more condensed. So much is happening that people complain that in WCI not every character got a battle. One Piece is so well structured that it literally takes into account anniversaries and chapter numbers just for an added extra joke or two. Just read a fucking volume and compare it to any single other volume of a long running manga and you'll see how much filler other manga actually have.

ONE OF YOU NIGGERS MUST MAKE THE BASEDJAK KAIDO FOR THE SAKE OF MY ENTERTAINMENT

Attached: Tome_103_Couverture_VO_Infobox.png (1325x2079, 3.85M)

Manga: 1056 chapters x 3 minutes each, max = 6.4 eight-hour days to read it all
Anime: 1028 episodes x guaranteed 20 minutes per = 43 eight-hour days to watch it all
Not to mention how the anime adapts one 3 minute chapter per episode at some point so it just drags

Idk

>I'm working on a manga currently

Attached: doggers.jpg (480x336, 16.92K)

>Literally how?
It's one chapter per episode so it's stretched to hell. The anime used to do filler arcs at the beginning instead of stretching so it's actually watchable up to a certain point but I'd recommend reading the manga instead.

Pacing is sometimes a problem, but the story is just as much about the journey as the destination. It takes hundreds of chapters before we even fully understand the world with it's factions, politics, geography etc. And only since fairly recently have we started to get some actual answers, which tend to raise even more questions. But as said, it's just as much about the journey. The fact that the manga stays as popular as it is year after year is a testament to just how interesting the world Oda has crafted is. There are thousands of videos online of grown-ass men crying out of excitement over the reveals we've gotten. There has to be something worth reading for people to have kept up for +1000 chapters, still getting excited. Just look at the retards fighting about who's the next nakama. That isn't even important lore-wise, yet people are threatening to kill themselves over it. Because they're that invested. Now, the smarter readers mostly care about the story itself, but I can quarantee you that people do care about the story, and that is because it's actually good. Sometimes it feels like it's just treading water and never moves on, but that's just the weekly schedule fucking the readers, not the story. When you re-read everything at once, it's always much better. My suggestion is to pick up the story once it's all over, and read slow. Slower than you usually do.

>3 minutes each

It's kinda dragged on (even the manga post timeskip) but it's just so satisfying to read.
The world of one piece has the same problems of the real world. Power hungry dictators, racism, slavery, misinformation, religious zealotry, abuse of power. Seeing these morons punished by luffy's fists is a special kind of satisfaction because the real world sucks so bad. Just read it

Also Luffy is kinda unconventional because he wants YOU to fight back, otherwise he's not going to help.
It's as if the author was telling the reader to stand up for their rights, even if it means doing illegal things or beong labeled a criminal. That's pretty based if you ask me.