Evangelion

Are you ready for Rebuild 6/2+0? Because it's probably coming.

Attached: WUjjuE8_f58.jpg (580x688, 178.35K)

shit anime. Dropped after The End of Evangelion. Should have dropped much sooner

What a highly original contrarian opinion you have, user.

Attached: 1648246846248.jpg (1357x1920, 202.53K)

thanks

eva 02 is so sovlless in rebuild

I will disagree. Her gradual degradation reflecting constant fighting is very cool. Gives impression of a true war mecha, not just a shiny toy.

too bad it's used as a shiny toy and not a war mecha in the movies

Did we watch the same movies? Unit02 constantly participate in most brutal fights. Obviously, nothing can compete with EoE and Asuka vs Mass Produced, but real fights are still real fight. Unlike Mark06 that just floated in the air in few scenes - definition of shiny toy.

You realize that the whole reason for the constant changes is so they can have a bunch of different versions to sell as shiny toys, right?
You think that each time a gundam unlocks a powerful new form in order to beat an opponent it's done solely for the sake of the narrative?

we need to go back

Attached: retvrn.jpg (640x941, 74.18K)

>but real fights are still real fight
02 literally goes against literal whos that don't matter at all. It's used in filler fights unlike 02 vs the MPE because they had figures to sell. It's the reason why 8+2 was retconned, because they needed to sell toys of 8 and 02 with different accessories (like the pizza cutter thing) and because if Asuka was alone, the plot could bend over backwards to make Gendo's plan work and make more merch of his awakened Unit 13

Something can have narrative sense and be useful for merchandising at the same time. Khara's greed is well known, but great work of their artist remains.

>Something can have narrative sense
Too bad it's not the case in Rebuild that denies the power of Evangelions as mecha, and reduces them to just shiny toys to sell.
Khara's greed is known yes, but you can take out the Evas from the movie and nothing changes, you just get to Gendo's plan sooner and that's it.
You can argue that they serve the same purpose of being the manifestation of all the character's problems with that "so that's why you piloted an Eva" but as you might be able to tell just from this, it means all fights are just for show and not even a good show because they are not memorable at all. The saddest part is that they could have been

>02 literally goes against literal whos
I admit that their decision of robing Asuka from fight against Eva13 is both lazy and anticlimactic. But battle-weary designs are still cool and realistic, even if some fights are lacking.

No you didn't. You watched every second of every movie and bitched the whole time.

Attached: 151.png (300x100, 32.93K)

Wouldn't be called Rebuild. Hell, might be something based off of Yamashita's proposal. Adapting light novels with a following is a safe-money-making bet since it already has an established market for venturing into "eva without Anno" territory.

Personally, I hope we get a video game out of this. A real one, not a gacha game. Glad we're getting more eva though. Seeing the Rebuilds made me think; "I'm really gonna fucking miss these cyborgs"

Attached: __eva_02_eva_01_and_eva_00_neon_genesis_evangelion_and_1_more_drawn_by_morishita_naochika__2a45fe3004d412c4b3353261f02d4c1b.jpg (1442x800, 193.09K)

What's the best shiny toy available of 02?

no, at this point I'm convinced they're married to a TV series of the fucking post-apocalypse village shit.

Them pulling out Jet Alone in the final Rebuild movie was kino I wasn't ready for.

Attached: 1644746860781.jpg (878x1200, 231.29K)

We don't need more of this idiotic, pointless drivel. It was created only to please fans of Rei.

Uuuhhh as a fan of Asuka, I also liked her scenes where she's just lounging around being slutty looking in her trailer. Also, Rei.

I'd rather get khara to make an ultraman anime

Attached: 98316142_p0.jpg (1140x540, 491.55K)

Our Aryan queen of mixed blood is slutty looking no mater what she does. But she must actually do something, not just walk around like the living embodiment of writers' incompetency. They never managed to envision a proper place for her in the story.

Attached: hkXE667pE-0.jpg (1058x1505, 219.09K)