Implies utilitarianism is pure

>implies utilitarianism is pure
>implies there can exist a ethical system wherein a moral concession can be made if actors are in jeopardy
am i supposed to consider shirou a retard in all the other movies or did the directors forget to read their Kant and genuinely believe utilitarianism is coherent? i havent seen the final movie yet and im sure theyll explain it but if they expect me to believe that what shirou is doing morally impure they are demonstrably incorrect

Attached: 71xCNU5g6-S._SL1200_.jpg (1029x1200, 181.94K)

wow bro u sound smart
NOT

>>implies
>implying

You're on Any Forums not Reddit. No need to show off all the long words you got from Wikipedia.

i thought the whole point of this was utilitarianism bad womrpussy good

i mean the way Kiritsugu killed his wife and daughter and adoptive mother was framed as utilitarianism bad. if anything at all Fate shilled against utilitarianism

Who cares. Sakura was a shitty character. The only reason JP likes her a lot is because she's very submissive and broken so they get that hero complex of fixing her.

That's the whole reason Heaven's Feel was a movie. Because the director was in love with Sakura.

the main takeaway from fate should be that if you practice utilitarianism you will never be able to experience a true menhera codependent relationship with a mass-murdering succubus, and you should weigh that against your ideals.
>fixing her
why would anyone want to do that?

Yes but they described archer is "impure" and heavily imply that Shirou "favoring" Sakura (or any one person for that matter) is a perversion of his original moral framework. It most certainly is but they make it seem like his original moral framework wasn't faulty as fuck in the first place
I agree actually. She has absolutely zero depth. I see her as a very poorly done parody of Rei Ayanami as of right now but I have yet to watch the final movie

>they make it seem like his original moral framework wasn't faulty as fuck in the first place
do they? you should have listened to the priest more.

Heaven's Feel is the finale of Fate/Stay Night where Shirou finally gets it through his head that utilitarianism is retarded. Other characters who know about his boner for being a superhero try to manipulate him into betraying Sakura, but his love for Sakura outweighs it all.
I didn't know Angra Mainyu was a succubus.

>Rei
What? Her personality is nothing like Rei. Saber would be closer to Rei if anything.

So upon further thought I must conclude that Fate is a heavily anti-utlitarian work. It builds up heavily utilitarian characters only to later emphasize the shortcomings of the ideology.

>Yes but they described archer is "impure"
That has to do with him not being a servant through sheer cultural impact like the others and using sneaky methods. Archer is how Shirou ends up if he goes full utilitarian, even.

directors? even though sudou is clearly a biased fanboy, nasu wrote the story. in the route it's expressed that valuing those you love more highly than those you don't know is an objectively selfish act, but the most human way to live. shirou choosing sakura also doesn't disqualify him from helping/saving people when it's within his scope.

utilitarianism is never portrayed as "correct" or "incorrect" in fate, only that it will most likely dehumanize you. besides, utilitarianism is kiritsugu's thing, not shirou's, whose inherited ideal was to "save everyone"

also you type like i did when i was 15

>unironcally believing in anything kant says
this is why the western world is falling apart

t. doesnt understand kant

>secondaries

>Archer is how Shirou ends up if he goes full utilitarian, even.
ah right i remember that now. its been like 6 years since i watched ubw forgive me

stay on your containment board teenager who is getting assigned basic philosophy in highschool or american getting assigned basic philosophy in college

t. doesnt understand kant

Why do people never like the Rin route?

You guys remember that the final tiger dojo onsen explicitly says that neither HF nor UBW is wrong and they're both different valid answers, right?
You DID actually read the VN, right?

First day on Any Forums? This is a Rin board.

Heavens Feel is Shirou abandoning his I must be a hero and saving everyone philosophy and becoming more human and deciding to risk everything for the one he loved regardless of the horrific casualties and cost.
I personally prefer Unlimited Blade Works where he recognizes that his ideals and dreams are impossible, but will still fight regardless

*Illya

They're right, you're wrong, and kant is trash.

Based.

Shortcomings which are objectively correct in their portrayal.

Kant knew nothing and had nothing to say. Like you. Nothing to understand. No insight, like him.

this is your brain on speedwatching