Hello Any Forums. Want to quit your anime addiction? Watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes...

Hello Any Forums. Want to quit your anime addiction? Watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes, nothing will live up to it afterwards. Consequentially you'll realize you're watching children's entertainment and grow out of it (assuming you're over 20).

Attached: 73437.jpg (2118x1468, 2.06M)

Hello Any Forums. Want to quit your anime addiction? Watch Lucky Star, nothing will live up to it afterwards. Consequentially you'll realize you're watching children's entertainment and grow out of it (assuming you're over 20).

Attached: file.png (640x960, 763.12K)

I've seen Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It's just a pretty shallow battle light novel. Not sure why teenagers act like its profound.

Lucky star is for middle schoolers / junior high alone with all moe. Grow up

In many ways it teaches that no political system is perfect, and reflects history with characters inspired by primarily Napoleonic era men of history. If you paid attention you might learn a thing or two about war and conflict.

If you had any common sense whatsoever you'd innately realize this incredibly obvious truth before you're 10 years old, not get it from some fujobait cartoon.

>it teaches that no political system is perfect
I thought you assumed I was over 20. If so, why would I need to be taught this?

>Another bait thread just so faggot OP could tell people to read Book
Why are /lit/ immigrants like this ?

Its a top 11 MAL show I think everyone knows about it already

I don't browse /lit/. You should read The Forgotten Soldier by Guy Sajer, though. That will teach you about the horror of war from one who experienced the eastern front of WW2. The Sinking of the Lancastria is also interesting.

>I don't browse /lit/.
>You should read /lit/ shit user

Yes read a fucking book. Thought they taught you to in elementary.

What's it like being so mindless that you need the accounts of others to realize being stuck in a hole with your life constantly on the line, having your friends killed, being forced to take the lives of others, and seeing your nation destroyed is actually a bad thing?

Who are you to tell anyone what they should read? Fuck off back to /lit/.

What's it like assuming you know how it feels? You can only imagine from the account of others, and based on what you're saying you really have never learned much about history. I thought I knew a lot too before I read Sajer's account.

It's okay, the characters were pretty good, It's probably one of the best space operas but I wouldn't really put it above something like One Piece to be honest.

Good point. I've read Orwell and Hitler's account on the matter. WW1 was actually a rather boring affair according to them. Perhaps we should wish for WW3 to break out so us men can relax in a comfy trench for a few months. So to get back on topic, if LogH is mature in its storytelling how come they barely touch upon any of this despite the setting being horrendously war torn?

Attached: e89socwmsj851.jpg (960x720, 87.22K)

Something like wan piss is shit tho

I have no idea what is the appeal of shonen once your prefrontal cortex is done developing. The last one I watched and enjoyed was FMA Brotherhood but I'd never watch it again, it doesn't have anything that actually interests me anymore. I don't just see the briggs soldiers and think "COOL!!!!" anymore.

the animatrix is better

What are you talking about? This is a space opera most comparable in terms of warfare to naval warfare, with several scenes explicitly showing men being melted in blown out corridors. There is an episode and more about the entire history of Earth from the 21st centry to the show's present, the episode being an in-universe historical documentary. The presenters went in depth as to the psychology of the people of the times, and how to reflect on those events in the modern day.

>once your prefrontal cortex is done developing
This never happens anymore.

>how come they barely touch upon any of this
They do? I am not the retard OP but LOTG isn't a personal acoount of anything lokking at the horrors of war from a single perspective, it does go into some individual struggle with war but mostly it's a grander narrative, not about individual struggles. In that sense it's more similar to something like war and peace, where the horrors of war are juxtaposed with aristocratic life and the struggles of nobles and incompetent leaders, as opposed to common wretches.

>Hello Any Forums. Want to quit your anime addiction?
Not really its just a hobby to pass time when im busy and don't have time for other stuff
>many ways it teaches that no political system is perfect
Anyone with slight interest in politics know this

This, the bar scene in Overture is a perfect example of that contrast between the elite and the common soldier