I had always thought I'd fall in love with someone kind and sincere

>I had always thought I'd fall in love with someone kind and sincere
>Yet, he's mean, he plays with people like they're toys and constantly makes fun of me... but all I can think of is he...
What is Any Forums's opinion on this trope?

Attached: netsuzou4.jpg (648x365, 53.31K)

>he

Attached: Netsuzou_TRap_-_NTR_-_11_4DE06952.jpg (1280x720, 136.5K)

name 2 anime that does that

Every shoujo ever made.

Attached: itazura-na-kiss.jpg (225x338, 33.55K)

Are you for real?
Pircel obviously and:
-Maid-sama
-Koikimo
-Kodomono Zikan
-Citrus
-World's Greatest First Love
-L-DK

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 12.52K)

Reminder that even if the author wants to deviate from the formula, her editor will put her back in track

Attached: shamefur dispray.png (259x194, 77.06K)

I'm talking about the trope in general and am just using a random example image.
Using “they” in the template sounds weird.
Extremely based editor.

Attached: master_naoko.png (752x1200, 723.5K)

If it wasn't for editor-san, Hana Yori Dango would be a flavor of the month after most readers dropped the manga because it was obvious that Rui was going to win the tsukushibowl and Marmalade Boy wouldn't even exist and instead it'd be a proto Sono Bisque Doll without fanservice. And Arata/Chihaya would be endgame

We all know women are whores that won't date nice guys like myself and instead only fuck assholes but, what's the point of these threads? Eveybody agree on their views on women and the few that don't are send to reddit

Actual question though: What's the appeal? Obviously it's super popular in shoujo and I'm not even going to go on some incel route about it since I get that it's all just fiction bu what is the appeal of the trope?
Why do girls like reading about how the MC has "conflicted internal monologues" about how awful some jerk they're falling in love with is? It's worse than boring to me.

Attached: 43fee45ea0cdd933f4950ec3db3d9686.jpg (754x721, 63.45K)

>Why do guys like reading about how the MC has "conflicted internal monologues" about how awful some bitch they're falling in love with is?
Why do you think guys love Makima so much? Are you equally confused by every harem protagonist who chose the tsundere over the sweetheart childhood friend next door? It's all the same shit.

It's a girl thing. Stick to your seasonal isekai and live and let live. You just wouldn't get it

Attached: rape-time.jpg (696x603, 198.54K)

I get your point but the tsundere is essentially different from the shoujo jerk. Both are blatant power fantasies for ronery people but they're affected for the cultural environment. The tsundere is basically a toothless puppy. It's cute how she barks for attention but she can't bite. The tsundere can't hurt MC, either physically or emotionally (the beatings are over-the-top cartoony humor) and it's the tsundere the one who feel insecure and shit, which it's moe as fuck for Japanese men still seething for working women. Meanwhile the shoujo jerk can hurt the female lead in multiple ways and he often does. Also it's the girl, again, the one feeling insecure and falling into her knees crying while the shoujo jerk is stoic, even if later he cries alone in a room. The power dynamic is always in favor of the male lead

Attached: ryokixhatsumi.gif (257x367, 45.85K)

It's actually a drug. It actually sends shivers down my spine reading it. I can't explain why it does. Maybe it's caused by the deliberate conflict of emotions that triggers some kind of chemical reaction in the brain or something but it actually sends shivers across my body in an oddly pleasant way.
How does it knowing that even all those rapechads don't spend time complaining about girls on the internet such as nice guys like yourself.
>what's the point of these threads
Even making them sends shivers down my spine.

Women don't post that much on Any Forums and the few that do try to act like guys for not causing a shitstorm. It'd be more effective to make these threads on ANN

user, just stop
Your mind is too broken by now

I'm not asking why the MC choses the bad guy. I'm asking what the appeal of the "inner turmoil conflict monologues" are that are so praised on Any Forums.
This makes to me though if it actually works like that for others what with the brain meth lab explanation.

>Netsuzou TRap
man this show was some shit it was

I think it SUCKS

It's obviously different but let's not act as though the power dynamic isn't always in favor of the love interest.
Those Isekai protagonists are beta bitches who get railed around and yes, it's often slapstick but Maid-Sama! is also slapstick sexual harassment opposed to say Netuzou Trap which is more real.
The primary difference is that characters like Louise or Taiga are when you think about it domestic violence psychos but the story tries to downplay it and hide this from the viewer whereas in Maid-Sama! or Netuzou Trap the story and reactions of the character highlight their flaws to the viewer in order to create inner conflict in the protagonist.
Yet most of these threads are really popular. I think people underestimate the number of female users because they assume everyone is male. 30% of Any Forums is female according to the advertisement statistics.

You fags are forgetting the "bad boi" need to be hot in order for the formula to work.
And that's it, the hot bad boi formula will always work.
>An asshole to the world but a sweetheart to the MC after she endured all his shit and found the autistic side of the bas boi

People just love bad boys/girls, specially if they're actually good people deep down, like the delinquent with a heart of gold kinda thing, whatever they're boys or girls they are always popular.