Discuss the following statement

A story is only as good as its ending, when most story/character arcs and plot points are wrapped up satisfyingly, and the creator has said everything he or she wanted to by this point. This is also why 99.99% of anime/manga stories are shit, and in fact, the ONLY good anime/manga story that has ever told is the original manga run of Fullmetal Alchemist.

Attached: ENTER SHORTRIC.png (1280x720, 934.28K)

I'm not reading that.

You're not allowed to post that unless you name it funny.png

Whoever said that is a Fullmetal Alchemist fanboy

>A story is only as good as its ending, when most story/character arcs and plot points are wrapped up satisfyingly, and the creator has said everything he or she wanted to by this point.
Yeah I can agree with that much. Writers who can't tie their stories together in a satisfying way can't call themselves writers at all. More like brainstormers, or spitballers, but they aren't really writing.
Looking at you Araki.

Attached: araki.jpg (225x350, 31.06K)

shut the fuck up fmashitter

>A story is only as good as its ending
Not always. If the whole point of a story is the ending and the ending needs to tie everything together in a way that makes sense like in a mystery anime for example, then yeah. But it's not all stories are like that.

this is why I never read/watch manga/anime with more than 30 volumes / 100 episodes

Fuck you. Yes, I WILL laugh every time Ed is called short, and I WILL laugh when he gets mad about drinking milk, because I am secure in my knowledge that even this specific aspect of FMA's HUMOR has plot-relevance which pays off in FMA's story which is COHERENT all the way THROUGH, unlike most other manga.

Attached: People who understand kino know that this is FUNNY.png (683x422, 296.59K)

cry harder

Only true for shitty stories that are carried by fake drama and anticipation built up for 99% of the story and made so the entire payoff and delivery has to happen with the ending. Crap like One Piss and Aot who base their success on blue balling and cheap mistery are shit if the resolution of the mysteries they've kept the audience hostage with for years end up disappointing. Actual good news stories that don't rely of cheap storytelling tricks by dangling mystery boxes in front of the readers who have to bank up on the fact that 1000 chapters of mediocrity will be worth it in the end, but instead focus on consistent and structured good writing on a chapter to chapter, page to page, dialog to dialog basis, who have to actually put in the effort and have enough talent to write and actual good story and not try to package the illusion of a remote and far away possibility for one, will naturally be way less dependent on a good ending

But FMA ending was so forgettable and cliche?!

>2 parts have bad ending out of 8
>bad
okay

aap aap bing

Attached: blabla.jpg (500x500, 18.72K)

Jojolion and Vento Aureo are bad enough he deserves to be given shit for it.

I agree, not only because of seemingly good stories which fail to be wrapped up in a satisfying way, but also because of negative judgment calls made too early about good stories that haven't even been fully laid out yet.

If a story can't survive as good in the format of a book or a movie and can only coast by on the potential it had while it was still being written, then it's not a good story.

>99.99% of anime/manga stories are shit
Stop begin a lazy faggot and watch more anime

A story is not only as good as its ending.

seethe

I understand that there are other qualities to making a good story, but I feel that with serialized stories, pacing and flow trumps all. If a story isn't episodic by nature and has continuity, then there's already the expectation that its quality is dependent on how well each scene contributes to forward the plot toward the ending, and if the ending feels rushed or unfinished, then that reflects on the story being poorly told and therefore shit. Why the fuck do you think people advise to skip Naruto and Wan Piss fillers? How AoT ended in a wet, confusing fart even after over a decade of chapters?

rec some then u coward