How did Chainsaw Man take off to begin with?

This is a genuine question, I want to talk about this seriously. I read CSM a bit after it was finished, just to see what all the fuss was about. By the end of it, I was left pretty disappointed. As a whole, it's a 6/10, 5 at worst, 7 at best. The rushed pacing, snuffbait side characters, uninteresting engagement of character development and mediocre art and story writing, I'm pretty goddamn baffled at how CSM took off to begin with, considering back in the day it would have most likely been canned about 10 chapters in.

I know some of you will bring up "It's not done yet" and I get that, but what WAS there, was not exactly a good read either. I'm judging it as it is, and honestly, if your argument is that "only the first half is shit" (out of who knows how many parts), that's not a good series to consume.

I'm just genuinely confused. Maybe I missed something or whatever, but someone redpill me on this shit.

Attached: Chainsawman.jpg (252x396, 108.79K)

actually I never liked it because I'm based, faggot

Makima, Aki, gore, sketchy art, meme characters and dumb humor, horny protagonist.

Stop spamming threads, there already 11+ threads in the catalog

The fast pacing is apart of the appeal

twitter fags kept spamming and shilling, basically like every other popular manga

It's always been shit. Get some taste.

It's fun.
Well, I'm off to the next thread. Bye.

Stop spamming threads , and go back to R-eddit, discord , and Twitter

I'm going to break this down for faggots like you once and only once.
>This is a genuine question
No it isn't. You're basically asking for validation on why you didn't like a popular series.
>As a whole, it's a 6/10, 5 at worst, 7 at best. The rushed pacing, snuffbait...other shit that comes down to personal opinion
Okay. Good blog. This isn't MAL though and no one gives a fuck.
>back in the day it would have most likely been canned about 10 chapters in.
You don't know shit.

There is no secret to CSM's success. It's a Shonen Jump property that gained traction over time and reached its peak popularity right as it was ending. Word-of-mouth spread like wild fire online and irl and a finished series is way more appealing to get into than a currently on-going one. With an anime adaptation announced at the final chapter the hype was set. It's popular because it's essentially the "pick-me-bitch" of shonens. It presents itself as being something raw/new and innovative but it's really just a more gritty take on the usual shonen tropes. Same as Death Note gave you the illusion that you weren't reading a Shonen but the power of friendship is literally what finished Light. It's got decent art, it's fun, Fujimoto knows how to panel shit interesting and it doesn't over stay its welcome. The fans are another story and they fucking suck. Now kill yourself.

Attached: yykk.jpg (2048x2048, 471.05K)

Chainsaw man is the new Naruto.

It's one of the best examples of word of mouth in recent memory. It was never pushed as a tentpole even down to the last stretch of Part 1. People called it Axe Man during the first thirty chapters or so. Once Himeno died people were slapped with the realization that this was something special and things ramped up.

It's something borrowed and something new. It works within battle shounen confines but Fujimoto is borderline deranged which lends itself well to those wacky reddit moments as well as those distinctly sad, pathetic moments. The cathartic character moments like bonding over stomping on a guy's balls are completely unbecoming of both heroic and villainous protagonist in most other stories but way more relatable. It's gross and grungy in a way that really stands out.

You thinking that something needs to be a 10/10 to become popular makes me think you are 10 years old at most.

Twelve years ago a nine tallied fox suddenly appeared…

If you believe it!

Naruto! Naruto!

Believe it! Believe it!

Here I am with my Ninja Clan!

Ninja Clan, here we stand!

Naruto, I’m on my way,

Naruto, I’ll be okay!

Getting ready to fight on set!

Come on best friends by my side!

Sasuke, is really cool!

Sakura, the beautiful!

Kowagaruna Naruto saoto mamore

Kowagaruna Naruto saoto mamore

On Any Forums precisely, it took from around Chapter 3 when he was established as a troll character on "big dreamer self righteous sex averse" shonen MCs

Stop posting now Stop spamming threads

Saying that CSM's art is mediocre just shows how you never picked up a pencil and don't know shit about the subject. It's not mere coincidence that its fanbase is composed of extremely talented people and dozens of animators wanted to participate in the anime even before it was announced. Fujimoto's style attracts artists as a whole, and the fact that you can't realize this just by reading tells me more than I need to discard your opinion

I liked fire punch so I was looking forward to the chainsaw manga to start. I liked how goofy it was.

Because the guy managed to make a good shounen based on a easily relatable chara who trumy had nothing and starts to learn more about himself and the world, the devil concept was interesting, the payoff with the main chara was worth it and despite the final arc feeling rushed it still ended on a great note with denji truly getting growth

Fujimoto doesnt take his audience as retards, he shows instead of telling the story up your ass, its interesting to see whats nect because you dont know what could happen with that guy

The writer used devil worshiping as an instrument to kill niggers and spics.

It's slightly edgier and has the illusion of being smarter than most Jump trash so the Pedros and TwitteReddit normalfags who read WSJ as a cape comic replacement and care solely about "hype shit" think they're smart and mature for reading it.

Have you considered that it is not everyone else who is wrong, but rather you are not the connoisseur of taste you think you are?

Then how come the anime is just doing JJKs art style instead of being more scratchy-art like in the manga

>rushed pacing
imagine wanting endless filler chapters
>snuffbait side characters
yeah CSM actually has stakes, characters die

>I'm just genuinely confused. Maybe I missed something or whatever, but someone redpill me on this shit.
you have shit taste and should probably stick with Naruto or MHA

Attached: csm war devil cover.jpg (2602x4096, 697.52K)

with recent advances in advertising you can force your product to the top by paying reviewers and "influencers". 90% of people will repeat what opinion makers say to not look stupid.

Attached: 1642546455948.jpg (685x900, 62.92K)