This show is kinda fucked

I was thinking about it. At first it seems like a generic, forgettable, ecchi/hentai romp the likes of which we've seen dozens of times. But this show does something different and really disturbing. Power fantasies like Overlord that play with villainous characters miss the mark. Ainz knows he's being evil. He commits evil on a scale that is almost cartoonish and therefore it loses it's impact.

Michio, on the other hand, reflects evil as it actually exists in the real world. We get this guy who looks and even acts normal. He acts normal even as he's plotting and committing terrible acts. He's often confronted with a pang of conscience, but the quickness with which these hesitations are rationalized and dismissed proves that all he ever needed was permission to be his true, horrible self. His motives are totally and unabashedly selfish. He spends about 12 hours coming to grips with killing. He immediately reconciles himself to the existence of slavery and decides immediately that he will participate in it. He then goes about tracking and murdering people in their sleep because he wants to purchase a woman to be his sex slave. All the while, he's having the kind of wacky internal monologues expected of an anime protag. The first day he buys Roxanne, he rapes her. Their first sexual encounter is based purely upon the master/slave paradigm. The whole time, she is obviously scared and uncomfortable. Michio, on the other hand, is treating it like he just took his high school gf on a date and he's about to get lucky for the first time. The internal monologue of Roxanne must be that of a slave girl about to lose her virginity in an act of forced sex with a murderous pervert. Michio's internal monologue is all laughs and goofs and a weird possessiveness. The fact that even crunchyroll picked it up was a bad move on their part and they will get backlash for it once the youtube commentator types pick up the scent.

Attached: Slave Harem.jpg (624x883, 137.83K)

God shut the fuck up you're such a whiny little faggot

It just shows how people really are.

didn't read

I'd kill you if it meant getting nut deep inside a big tiddie dog girl sex goddess every day for the rest of my life.

Lots of people would. That's what I mean. It's an uncomfortably realistic depiction of evil and the way a genuinely evil person thinks. He's not going "MWHUAHAHAHAHA I WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!!" He's a horny sociopath with a license to kill and rape and that's what he's going to do. The fact that we, the audience, know this and the character does not is why it's actually a great portrayal of a villain.

Okay but killing bandits isn't evil though. And she consented.

Unlike the other zoomer faggots I read what you typed. I'm going to say right away I didn't pick this anime because a single isekai per season is more than enough for me but that fact you compared overlord with this reminds me of that quote about how murder loses impact the higher the kill count goes. It's hard to feel empathetic when put in front of a big number such as X hundreds of thousands died/were killed because no human being has ever experienced something like that while smaller and more down to earth acts of evil are more relatable and easier to condemn.
With that said I think most people are guided by the fear of consequence instead of their own moral compass and if put in such a situation where no consequences are assured they'll show their true self. I think morality is an intellectual effort. One might justify oneself by thinking "when in rome do as the romans do". Rationalizing what you just did or are about to do puts your sense of guilt at rest and lets you be selfish just like every human is at the end of the day

The main is a fucking retarded autist obsessed with grinding and having sex; he isn't evil he's just autistic

Right. I was even thinking of using "when in rome" in my little write up. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a prude. I've seen a lot of anime. I think the people who freaked out over Goblin Slayer were overreacting. I was just commenting on how this show really leans on what you said in your second paragraph. I've never seen that in an anime before. The show really isn't a power fantasy. The waifus don't want his dick because he's OP or an important guy. They take his dick because they have to. And even then it's not because they're his vampiric thralls or demon spawnlings or some fantasy shit like that. He acquired Roxanne because he tosses out his morality and slits sleeping peoples throats to scrape together the coin.

? bandits aren't people.

I disagree on the powerfantasy comment, even if people don't want his dick just because, it's still a harem isekai anime with game system shit, which I would still qualify as a power fantasy.

It's established early in the series that becoming a "bandit" is something that happens automatically when you break the law. If a slave runs away, they automatically become a bandit and lose all rights. Michio could have been killing runaway slaves and people who couldn't pay off their debts.

how do I buy a big titty sex slave?

wow this really says a lot about society

>all he ever needed was permission to be his true, horrible self
This is true for most people. In that respect this show is more realistic than most other isekai.

alright, you successfully marketed it to me, what is this anime called? I want him to fug thicc dog waifus like her

I don't think the author meant to create something that comes off the way this show does. SAO is an Isekai power fantasy where the MC gets a harem. And hell, you can absolutely write a master and slave dynamic that is really tantalizing and filled with sexual tension. This author just misses the mark on every thing and hit a pile of shit. Everything just comes out wrong.

>The first day he buys Roxanne, he rapes her.
Is it really rape if he owns her, though.

Not the OP but i'm not a huge fan of it on the basis that the story is clearly intending to /just/ be a dumb litrpg story with horny elements like so other, the fact that the MC is a sociopath just kind of takes me out of what the story is clearly trying to be rather than just letting me turn my brain off and enjoy the tiddies

Picked the fuck up, thanks for the review.

NO ONE CARES FAGGOT KILL YOURSELF

>He then goes about tracking and murdering bandits
FTFY

Not even sociopaths, user.
Michio is at least adhering to the rules of the world he's currently in, sociopaths think being evil is fine as long as no one finds out. And if they find out, they're the ones in the wrong.

behead isekai shit

If they had made the MC a rich landowner and he was living in a mansion and fucking his maid then it would be fine. Again, I think the author inadvertently fucked up by showing us the MC's thought process and putting the MC in a position where he actually has to scrape together the money to buy the girl.

The author doesn't even show the sex in the LN
The author is clearly autistic and wants to just write a novel about grinding, but isn't so retarded that he thinks people would want to read it without hot girls

Upvoted.

Edit: I wish I could give you gold...

Personally I think focusing on the MC is overthinking it, aside from the very start it's not really the focus of the story and it's just a lot of grinding, so if you're not into reading about litrpg stuff I don't recommend it on that basis

I personally don't get the appeal about reading about grinding. At least with watching someone else grinding I get nice background noise but in a story it just tends to be filler that goes nowhere because rarely any of these stories actually get to some kind of penultimate boss or conclusion

THANKS KIND STRANGER

>the fact that the MC is a sociopath
Your headcanon isn't fact, arm-chair psychologist. The fact that Michio is living by the rules in this new world proves he isn't a sociopath.

We did it reddit!

>And she consented
I've been trying to find the legal definition in english but only a difference in age is specified under statutory rape. If I remember correctly the legislation also puts under this umbrella-term sexual intercourse happening between people in difference social classes or when one of the two people has some sort of authority over you (your boss, a police officer, etc). This is merely a legal definitions so it doesn't make sense if ported over an imaginary world but assuming we all agree our current laws are right and justified we can also define something as rape even though there was no violence involved

I mean all the shitty slavery isekai just conveniently ignore that slavery is kind of bad actually.

The way you virgin incels rationalize your mental illness and moral depravity is truly mind boggling. Please, go out side, talk to a girl and just have sex, you will become less edgy and stop hating life so much if you do.

That's because in that world everything is black and white. You either have the bandit tag on you or you don't. Have the tag of slave or not.

But fuck you. It's supposed to be a trash series to fap to. Who cares if it's morally correct?

I guess what I'm saying is is WHY did they have to show the MC breaking into the bandits house in the slums and killing them? Why couldn't they have attacked him on the road or have the MC rescue some people from bandits? WHY did they have to show Roxanne being visibly uncomfortable in her interactions with the MC? WHY go so far as to portray the MC as being kind of conflicted about what he was doing?

You sir, have won the internet.

Edit: Thanks for the gold!

They actually think like women who say it's fine the main character raped her because he loved her in there shojo romance

If she's his slave, then he consented for her. He has that legal right in there.

Bandits and criminals have no rights.

look man i'm not here to get into a fight over diction, I just don't find the MC all that cool when I want to enjoy the otherwise turn brain off story