What is the ‘least anime’ anime?

What is the ‘least anime’ anime?

Attached: 49817BE0-37E0-40F8-9636-56769292FB9F.jpg (1400x700, 162.79K)

Moomins

Kaiba

Most of Satoshi Kon's movies could just be live action

LOGH

Perfect blue

Dandy

Monster

Dimwit take.

OP said anime

This is hyper retarded. Kon's whole thing is made possible through the freedom of animation.

I feel this way about Eden of the East and Planetes.
Both have a direction style that visually feels like it could be achieved in live action.
I think it's because of a few things like how they play around with perspective in some shots by mimicking "lenses" and the more realistic style of character acting and animation that they employ.
The fantastical elements of their settings are also far less flamboyant in how they're depicted than most anime.
They're also written with less of anime's trademark silliness and are much more mundane in their tone.
And even when wacky stuff happens in those shows it feels very subdued.
Also the political thriller/sci-fi focus of their plots are storylines that aren't really common in anime, but you see all the time in western television & film (bourne identity, 24, Day after Tomorrow, 2001,etc)
Ghost in the Shell 95' is another one that could fit here.

Another angle is stuff that feels less like anime because it mimics other animation cultures.
Panty & Stocking and Appleseed 2004 feel like that to me.
Macross Do You Remember Love is a special one that is in a strange superposition to me because it's very much anime, but at the same time feels like it would've come straight out of 70s-80s Hollywood.

Attached: Planetes - 01 - Clumsy Ai 720p.webm (1280x720, 1.77M)

Death Note, it was even successfully adapted recently

Miyazaki's movies are the only correct answer, they don't feel like anime at all.

Ninja Scroll, there isn't any anime inside of the show being watched by the characters

anything good

given that LoGH is probably the most live action adaptable anime of all anime, yes.

you and I both know the potato chip scene alone makes Death Note unadaptable

Texhnolyze maybe? Though I feel it wouldn't work as anything but anime since Hamasaki's direction is a huge part of the tone and it really only works with animation.
There's also Hana to Alice: Satsujin Jiken that is basically just your usual Shunji Iwai film but instead of being live action is rotoscoped and filtered

Kanashimi no belladonna

Great post man I'll have to check Planetes out again. It bored me last time I tried to watch it.

Cowboy Bebop and Space Dandy