Why didn't anyone make an idol anime before?

It is was so obvious that this was what made Haruhi so fucking popular back then.
Anime girls singing.

youtube.com/watch?v=x2iKC0C32-g

youtube.com/watch?v=WWB01IuMvzA

Attached: haruhi.jpg (1680x1050, 164.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yTPSCeg22MI
youtube.com/watch?v=xvbR92b8NXA
youtube.com/watch?v=wckZcVFLU24
youtube.com/watch?v=UhzudRKsizA
youtube.com/watch?v=bomN2Wzfx_k
youtube.com/watch?v=HJKqSYK_z0w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OP here I hit enter before writing everything:

Also It took a few year years for the anime industry to make Love Live.

>he doesn't know

Attached: MV5BM2RhOGFhMTEtNGQ1OS00MWIwLWE4OWUtZTJkZWI1MWIwOWJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQxNjcxNQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1413, 178.17K)

>Thread about Idol anime
>Posts mecha anime

Do you even remember love you fucking zoomer?

>Macross
>not an idol anime
Tell me you haven't watched Macross without telling me you haven't watched Macross.

There are several magical girl series or OVAs from the 80s where the main character turns into an idol for their magic transformation.

What is Sakura Taisen.

80s idol anime? Weak. Try this on for size.
youtube.com/watch?v=yTPSCeg22MI

9 posts and it's already the worst thread of 2022

This shit was crap and no where near the quality of Idol stuff we have today

youtube.com/watch?v=xvbR92b8NXA

>Robotech
>posting the western edited version
youtube.com/watch?v=wckZcVFLU24

youtube.com/watch?v=UhzudRKsizA
Now I kinda want to see the holos cover this

I don’t think idols were a big deal like that until AKB48 right? By big deal I mean big enough to justify getting an actual full length anime about them. I don’t follow idols so you can call me ignorant if you want.

don't think idol anime blew up until a bit later
see: love live

Haruhi is an underated idol anime
KyoAni didn't push hard enough in this direction.

youtube.com/watch?v=bomN2Wzfx_k

Idol shit had been a big thing before AKB48, what AKB's thing was "common girl" idols and very large units. As for anime idolm@ster brought that stuff to life.

>This shit was crap and no where near the quality of Idol stuff we have today
Retard thinks the bastardized western 4kids inequivalent version is macross. Fucking sad.

/THREAD
Based
Based
Mecha invented idols, waifus, shipping wars & epic love triangles you lucky mecha didn't create harem shit too u faggot.

Attached: 936full-mobile-suit-z-gundam-2_-a-new-translation----lovers-poster.jpg (679x961, 84.3K)

>you lucky mecha didn't create harem shit too u faggot.
But it did.

Mecha also did isekai before the previous decade's boom.

test bump

>inequivalent
i meant equivalent.

mecha genre is shit, only nerd otakus like them.

Hell yea i know. Can't believe i forgot.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (348x512, 85.33K)

I remember Wakaki (The World God Only Knows) talking about it in an interview once. Idol characters were really popular in the 80s and 90s, but were seen as kind of an outdated cliche for most of the 00s. He was a bit hesitant to include Kanon in TWGOK because of it, but he personally had a thing for them and did it anyway. It helped that Idolmaster came out a few years earlier, so they were back in the public consciousness at the time. (but didn't really explode until Love Live a couple years later)

OP is a giant faggot who hasn't watched more than 10 anime but I'm here to tell you that no other idol anime in the past 60 years has achieved the level of SOVL that THE iDOLM@STER has.
youtube.com/watch?v=HJKqSYK_z0w

>only nerd otakus
Because they are the first original otaku. U bastard weeb.

>mecha genre is shit
>Wrong shut your hole bitch
Its the most experimental & diverse genre in anime. Go back.

Attached: 44c889b798cfb749738d0c8cd56f56e7.gif (352x240, 2.61M)

>but didn't really explode until Love Live a couple years later
Nigga the im@s anime started the big boom we've seen in the past decade. LL is even owned by the same company and would not exist without the success that came before it.

Wakaki's thoughts, not mine.

80s idols were almost bigger than AKB48. Granted this was mostly due to the economy being better.

>you lucky mecha didn't create harem shit too
user...

Attached: 1619038309945.jpg (827x787, 278.87K)

The very fact that they used Idolm@ster to make a mecha anime instead of a straight adaption speaks volumes about how little faith anime studios had in idol anime at the time.

I wasn't even including Xenoglossia since they didn't use the original seiyuu and it being even older. It's actually quite funny how big of a difference there is between the Live For You OVA in 09 and the 2011 anime in terms of quality.

Zeta gundam came out in 1985 long before eva. But nice try.

Attached: 2549769a9e5b9c2b053e9638696a28b2.jpg (1060x1500, 445.3K)

IF zeta gundam was the first harem anime i don't know. But it at least came out very early on.