Tenchi Muyo!

What do you think of this franchise?

Attached: image-asset.jpg (930x620, 156.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1pMy_NBO4PU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think Sasami was everyone's loli awakening.

Kiyone was one of the first crushes I ever had on a girl.

Attached: kiyone456.jpg (645x450, 268.79K)

Any Forums is too young to remember this series, they didn't grow up with it on Toonami. I'd have to rewatch it without nostalgia goggles on to give it a proper judgement. Dragonball, FMA, Gundam 08th, Trigun, Yuyu Hakusho, and FLCL are the only shows from my childhood that lived up to my memories of them. All other anime that aired on American TV were trash.

Nostalgic. I like it.

She was pretty ugly user.

pandering otaku harem garbage that ruined anime for decades to come
the beginning of the end

I've only ever had one waifu my entire life, and it is Ryoko. One waifu per laifu, anything else is cheating and degeneracy.

She set the bar for what I am attracted to. Also, the most fun I have ever had rooting for a character.

OVA 1-2 are gold, 3 is a great disappointment, while 4 and 5 are pure trash.

Universe is fun, and has some great moments, but just doesn't have that same fulfilling depth.

Tokyo is a joke.

Ai is meh.

Most of the spin offs were fun filler.

Attached: 10609530_1466184487004539_1837062437602342433_n.jpg (960x719, 41.15K)

Author went in too hard on required side material and it ruined the OVAs.
War on Gemina got fucked over hard by its release and deserved to do better.
Photon is a great OVA series that deserves more love.
it has a canon hentai series with the MC getting light hawk wings by fucking his mother

This triggers my nostalgia HARD: youtube.com/watch?v=1pMy_NBO4PU

I remember really liking the manga

In my opinion, Universe + Movies are the best.
The original OVAs are nice for the characters and funny bits, but the story is undeveloped and full of plot holes.
Universe focuses on the characters and simplifies the plot which I believe makes it much better. It's more focused and easy to understand without all the weird lore and centuries of backstory.
One thing that we should give Universe more credit for is the male characters. While the girls are always great, I enjoy Tenchi, Katsuhito and Nobuyuki much more in Universe than in the OVAs.

>I've only ever had one waifu my entire life, and it is Ryoko. One waifu per laifu, anything else is cheating and degeneracy.
Based god.

Tenchi Muyo was literally the first dubbed harem anime in the west. And Ryoko was the first girl to appear in Tenchi as the protagonist's love interest. The viewer is supposed to live vicariously through the protagonist, so she was our first love interest. If you fell for any other girls in Tenchi you were cheating on your first love interest. Anyone who did that is a slut. user, by staying true to your first true love you are a real lover. Unlike these guys who change their waifu per season.

Ryoko and Washu certainly reinforced my preference for wilder and more forward and domineering girls, along with Aisha and Asuka.

Attached: 1510680828.jpg (1031x1205, 642.54K)

Boring lmao I preferred Ah my Goddess

I like it

I watched the first OVA recently and it was fine. Is anything following it better? If not I'm happy to just leave it there

>supplementary material revealed that Ryoko fucked a whole messload of people before meeting Tenchi and was bi for Ayeka
>also revealed that Tenchi's mom and dad were half-siblings and that the Jirai royal family knew all along about Tenchi's Grandpa they just didn't tell Ayeka

I'm surprised people aren't making more fuss about these tidbits

The peak of the harem genre

Its pretty dope. Didn't watch it growing up, but I added it to my nostalgia playlist because it fits so well.

also it has I think Universe > OVAs too

Its good.