One piece

What are your thoughts on Dressrosa?

Attached: images.jpg (811x378, 67.27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZS_6JHJEhdQ
twitter.com/kazuki87331977/status/1555309687989760000
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My favorite post TS arc.

It’s ok, doffy is a top three villain but the rest of the arc leaves a lot to be desired. Sabo is the single worst character in the series, it’s way too long and I never gave a shit about the king or lebecca or the various other dressrosans. I actually liked gear 4 but the final fight managed to be really boring, the three way between doffy law and fujitora was the peak of the arc, law should have had a bigger part in beating his equivalent of akainu (or blackbeard) instead of pathetically jobbing then fighting kaido and big mom no problem a few days later

Five Star Take

I enjoyed it.

The manga version is great one of my favorite arcs. Could see why the weekly grind of waiting for chapters might be frustrating. The anime version was peak toei shit. Ussop lined up that shot longer than the entire eastblue saga.

Attached: Nerfed.jpg (474x266, 12.9K)

honestly if it weren't for doflamingo, I probably wouldn't remember shit about dressrosa. he just overshadows everything else so hard. sometimes I even forget sabo came back in dressrosa as well as bellamy.

Toei wano is far worse, maybe my patience has just decreased over the years but the current episodes feel more stretched out than any that came before. Add in the vomit inducing auras and every character currently turning into a beam of coloured light when they move and I almost wish we were back in dressrosa, at least the fights had the same general feel as the manga (except the last one) even if they were stuffed with filler

>Toei wano is far worse
this is such a crazy opinion to me. wano is the best the anime has been in a long time if you ask me. but maybe it's just because I've gotten used to watching OP at 1.25 speed every since dressrosa

Nu-piece therefore garbage

Attached: 1637518617274.png (1589x880, 1.37M)

Are you a dragonball fan by chance?

dressrosa is absolute dogshit when it comes to animation and wonky offmodel characters, at least wano looks good for the most part. Can't really speak for the pacing. Shit like auras and flying around are more bad choices

Maybe if you’re a dbs fan, the fights look fucking awful in my opinion and nothing has any weight behind it. I’m no film studies major but every shot lacks any “depth” to it, obviously the animation is 2d but it feels more 2d than anime usually does if that makes any sense

I guess it depends on whether you mind small alterations to the story. I personally don't as long as the big important events are the same. like luffy is still gonna go gear 5th. I don't really care if a scene is changed or some auras are thrown on. it's still entertaining to me

Honestly since Enies Lobby the anime has pretty much only been good for checking out certain fights or scenes play out. I don’t really blame the animators or anything because shit, making a weekly anime is ridiculous but regardless of that I still don’t care to watch it when the manga is just better most of the time

This is the user you responded to. I enjoyed the boost in animation of wano but the pacing for most of the adaption is horrible. The aura shit was used well like twice but the latest Coc being piss colored and that Killer/Zoro team up looked like shit and the latter felt utterly detached from the characters so much so that they seemed like overlays. youtube.com/watch?v=ZS_6JHJEhdQ Oh and those asian chick episodes are based.

>like luffy is still gonna go gear 5th
At this point he's likely to do so by having an episode long constipation scream like Goku.

Reading Jaya right now and man I got filtered. Also what did they mean by this?

Attached: BlackBeardPronouns.png (571x350, 357.17K)

huh now that you mention it, it would be interesting if they changed the reveal a bit. nothing like goku going super saiyan but I wouldn't mind if they changed how it was revealed. maybe make it a bit more flashy

BB isn't alone, he's part of a crew.

can he beat Cracker?

Attached: 87666ff8cd18a7be4c48b2a789b986d6.jpg (488x461, 70.18K)

twitter.com/kazuki87331977/status/1555309687989760000

KINOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That is not fucking kino.

I miss when One Piece was this jank piratepunk universe instead of just modern idolshit.

i willl never understand the japan obsession with idols

Name a more based post time skip character

Attached: thumb-1920-1042352.jpg (1920x1200, 185.11K)

>jank piratepunk universe
kek what does this even mean

looks so shit

the mouth movement and expression doesn't sync up with the song

Attached: 9720.jpg (426x362, 49.51K)

Filtered by what? Jaya is imo the best one piece arc, it’s pure unfiltered greatness from start to finish with several of the best moments of the series crammed into a small number of chapters. It captures that early sense of adventure better than any other arc and blackbeards speech is still the peak of one piece

>What do you think about PEAK Robin?

Lots.

Attached: mommy.jpg (1022x570, 141.37K)

The character bloat was overbearing at times but its highs were really high in my opinion. The arc could do without Sabo, Burgess and half of the gladiators though.

Worst devilfruit in the entire story.
Can't even fly.

Made me drop one piece for a while. Chapters focused entirely on side characters were shit.

Exactly what it says, that video is literally just a modern day idol concert with a high tech stage and everything, old One Piece was closer to 1800's technology with everyone using flintlock pistols and wooden boats.

I HATE NEWFAGS I HATE NEWFAGS I HATE NEWFAGS I HATE NEWFAGS

Attached: 1659650552006.gif (500x280, 1.65M)

Im saying upon my original experience with the arc I didn't appreciate the greatness of it

The last good arc im the anime was W7. Everything since then is a 1 chapter to 1 episode shit.

It looks 1000x better in retrospect after witnessing Wano

>Toei anime invented shit is same as manga
Let me guess ... DBSfag?

>posts noncanon toei shit
Okay? I hate animeonlies so go fuck yourself.

I still remember 10 years ago my friend who is a One Piece super fan told me just to watch OP till Ennies Lobby and then read the manga.

Its a movie user.

unbearable to read "weekly", but it's great when you binge it.
Bird Cage is still the most retarded thing in OP:

I hate it, kill your self
Probably, he has no right to but whenever we next see him fight he has to be at least commander level to have any relevance. His ability should presumably match up pretty well, turning the biscuits into dust but unless oda gives him haki and massive speed/strength boosts (which he will) even biscuitless cracker could kill him by sneezing in his general vicinity. Also I’m looking forward to enel joining buggy’s crew

THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU BITCHING ABOUT THE MOVIE IF NON CANON SHIT DOESNT COUNT, YOU FAGGOT?

he's a Mink, speedreader-kun

doflamingo is actually a good guy

i guess you dont know how to read faggot.

Uta and her retarded magic headphones are still canon and still retconned into Luffy's comfy Dutch village.

>Bird Cage is still the most retarded thing in OP:
why?

Viola? virgin

Attached: 0712-012.jpg (760x775, 348.65K)

>Named toki
>has the toki fruit

I still dont know if this is supposed to be a hackda moment or if this implies something we cant figure out yet

He's not.

what was Sanji thinking at that moment?

U r a pleb, an hero urself pls
Enies lobby was great in the anime, and even if the filler was excessive by that point I still really enjoyed whole cake. Jaya truly was the best arc in the anime, arlong and baratie were also done very well.

>Morgans ate the Tori Tori no Mi, Model: Albatross, a Zoan-type Devil Fruit which allows him to transform into an albatross.

>Most common insult for the series is Wanpiss
>Lets make CoC the pinnacle of power the color of piss

Attached: lol.gif (620x349, 3.71M)

Viola has been fucking Doflamingo

eh idk. don kriegs armor even early on felt more futuristic than the 1800s. but aside from that one piece has always just felt more magical than anything. transponder snails and seastone. feels a bit too magical to be "punk" anything. but basically your entire point is you just hate idols which is a stupid point because it's just a movie. just ignore it

LITERRALY
WANOPISS

What does /opg/ think about this character?

Attached: 643E03D7-4D03-4EEB-AAA8-2959CAFBF4DF.jpg (540x960, 83.09K)

My piss is clear, I know Any Forums users shun anything that’s remotely healthy but you faggots really need to drink more water