Bro, Initial D goes down a fucking cliff after First Stage. What's with that shitty animation style?

Bro, Initial D goes down a fucking cliff after First Stage. What's with that shitty animation style?

Attached: initial d second stage.jpg (480x360, 27.38K)

Have you seen the art of the Initial D manga?

no

The humans look way uglier, but the car animation improves dramatically.
Third Strike is absolutely breathtaking and the natural conclusion to the art shift, but that's movie budget for you.

>Third Strike
Third Stage, my bad. I had Street Fighter on the brain.

I dunno but it looks like in 2nd stage they moved to digital coloring and that's why it looks plastic like every early 00s anime.

Yeah 3 is gorgeous but I never stop missing classic Ryousuke.

I dropped it after Takumi used the headlight trick for like the fifth time or something. At least invent something new instead of doing the same trick over and over again.

initial D has some of the worst animation in anime, first stage too

>What's with that shitty animation style?

Blame the mangaka. No, better yet, blame the readers.

Never has such a shitty mangaka with hideous art and horrible storytelling gotten so far save through the power of sheer car autism.

The animation may get worse, but the music only gets better in the later seasons. Seriously, the guy who decided to use Eurobeat was a mastermind.

Different studio or staff and the switch from cel to digital.

Attached: godmachine.gif (500x334, 1.11M)

>Sheer car autism
>Got more manga people into cars than car people into manga
You're overblowing it anyway. As biased as I am, everyone I know who's seen Initial D have mostly positive things to say about it.

Every stage was made by a different studio, with the exception of going from 5th stage to Final stage, which is really just one race that takes the same night as when 5th stage concludes.

The last stage was fine since they were able to match shigenos style at the time.

I love Italian love songs

>but the music only gets better in the later seasons
I beg to differ. I much prefer the sound of 90s Eurobeat to that of the 00s

I forget which stage it is but there's one point where Ryosuke shows up looking more like Takumi from the previous stage and it confused the shit out of me

That's Second Stage.
There's a small meme about it where Ryosuke was so shook by losing to Takumi that he dyed his hair brown to look like him.

it improves technically but the editing and composition get way worse.

just keep watching anyways, I felt the same but the races are still good and by the end of second stage it's kino again