Could Manga ever transition to full color?

>digital is more popular than ever
>major publishers shifting to online meaning print costs are nil except on tanks
>webtoons and western comic sales are in the shitter but manga continues to keep pumping out sales
>contest submissions for one shots are now accepting colour entries
Is the future of manga in color?

Attached: blue_hair_bakuman_anime_boys_mashiro_moritaka_1440x900_wallpaper_art.jpg (650x504, 199.64K)

For monthly maybe? Weekly no chance.

Nigger why do you think manga is black and white in the first place? Do you know how fucking hard it is to draw even one chapter of manga WEEKLY?

Could the artist not just hire a colorist? Most stuff already has teams of 3 to 4 assistants working on it.

Webtoons manage

Webtoon re-use a lot of assets and have a lot of white space or fill with effect panels. Have you see the Isekai castle that almost all fantasy series use?

Another issue is that a lot of manga drawing technique centered around drawing in black and white.

Attached: castle.png (720x760, 1.04M)

We already have manga in color but only jojo gets translations

They're also absolute garbage on average with the lowest possible quality.

>a bunch of black space with a gradient
>no background
>ballon and no background
>suddently one background, you better enjoy it

>They're also absolute garbage on average with the lowest possible quality.
So just like manga?

I know digital colored manga exist however it's done by separate entity.

Shadow House says yes

Hopefully this never happens. I don't care if b&w started as an economic thing (and to make weekly manga possible), I like it and plenty of mangaka do great things with it. If they want to color it after the fact then fine (there actually are some manga that are colored from the beginning though) but it shouldn't take over industry. You have western comics and manwha/manhua that you can read if you want color.

Manga isn't completed 1 page at a time, assistants often work on multiple pages at the same time(inking, background art, screentone, lettering, etc). It's common that the maority of the pages are finished on the same day, right before deadline.

A colorist wouldn't have enough time to add more than flat colors, if that. Which would just be a waste of time.

Not to mention, depending on the style, flat colors could easily ruin artwork meant for black and white.

I hope not, I'd take some nice line art over rushed basic coloring any day.

No Kim, that's not how it works.

You are a crazy weaboo if you seriously believe that

Why don't you transition back to Any Forums

How do Gooks manage to do coloured webtoons? Weekly?

Because there not much to color in the first place. Manga isn't just about draw pictures, it have many other process in it too. Webtoon on the other hand use lot of white space, barely any background, lot of effect and reuse asset to save time. Plus a lot of webtoon design are very simple

Attached: the villainess lives twice.png (884x905, 1.42M)

i hope they don't. Colors are not an improvement.