Crunchyroll buys Right Stuf

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-08-04/crunchyroll-purchases-anime-retailer-right-stuf/.188366

Attached: Right_Stuf,_Inc.Logo.png (1663x1663, 55.34K)

is this actually important?

Sony will own everything related to anime in the west.

Yeah. A lot of us buyfags use rightstuf because once in a while, there are sale periods where it is cheaper than Amazon when buying physical manga

Is this bad? My country still buys rights from japan to air shit on tv

Pretty sure any self-respecting buyfag knows better channels, so no.

Good. Accelerate.

It's another layer in vertical monopolization of anime in the west, but I don't see this being anywhere near as big a deal as the Funimation/Crunchyroll merger itself.

Sony's really going for an anime monopoly in the west. RightStuf had some good sales too. I don't feel so good physical bros...

They will buy out ANN next

Funny how they have a faq specifically for Erotica. Already tells me Sony isn't to be trusted.

Attached: unknown (1).png (1280x122, 42.79K)

The ANN article says they're being moved to a different site

ANN is a fucking joke at this point. I will say though i have been buying shit on rightstuf for years though and this kinda sucks.

Not really. It's just an E-commerce website getting bought out. It'll probably be merged with the Crunchyroll shop, but it's not like there aren't other online retailers for figures.

Doubtful that they'll succeed considering that Sony is also competing with Netflix and Disney.

Yeah and critical mass announced they’re branching off from the company with everything erotica related to the eroanimestore, seems like there’s been some foresight regarding keeping adult content around so that’s good
Not really especially compared to funimation, just a slightly larger anime catalog and more merchandise to add crunchyrolls collection.

The interspecies reviewers blu ray has already disappeared from their store along with the rest of the adult stuff.

That couldn't be anything but an improvement at this point, ANN has become the buzzfeed of anime news, between actual reports you have retarded ANN reviews about "is this sexist?", "huh, this is not ok in this day and age".

>ANN
>Crunchyroll
Kill yourself.

I hate S*ny like you wouldn't believe.

Attached: SonyisCancer.png (936x428, 50.78K)

That's such a creative name for the new company.

This fucking sucks, RS was one of the best places to buy manga since they actually put care into the shipping but you know damn well thats fucking gone following the completion of the merger. Plus they've gotten rid of NSFW items completely.

Good, kill yourself.
>omg my roasties!

It’s being moved over to the eroanimestore, I just said that in my previous post that critical mass is branching off to them

>he doesn't steal all of his manga from B&N

NGMI

Yup, only reason I ordered from them was so that shipping didn't trash my books.

Why doesn't it say "Sony buys Right Stuf"?

Optics.