Promare

Finally saw Promare. Unlike Any Forums, I usually love my Triggershit but this wasn't it.
The 2nd half of the movie was a complete dogshit. They had to turn Kray into a mustache twirling idiot just to justify a Galo & Lio teamup eventhough Kray's previously established goal would've been enough to make him an interesting villain.
Instead of focusing on stopping the eruption on earth, they plot keeps trying to pit them against kray.
>first he was a dude that sacrifice burnish for the future of humankind,
> then he was a dude that killed the professor and took credit for all the technology the old man invented.
> then it turns out he ignored a major flaw of his noah's arc teleportation system that would destroy the earth
> then he also ended up being a burnish himself
> then finally, he never did save galo in the first place. He only use him to build up his reputation.
> and for some reason, he finds galo annoying and has alway wanted to kill him.
The movie was so distracted from it's own plot, it had to make so many last minute plot convenience to advance the plot. Because of this, the pacing gets thrown out of the window. Other than that, the ensemble cast arent that interesting.
The movie ranges from a 4 - 6 / 10 for me.

Also, while Imaishi has always been known for his balls to the walls direction & animation, i thought it was difficult to tell what was going on during the battle sequence in this one.

Attached: latest.jpg (1280x720, 98.56K)

There would have been no point in making Kray the usual pragmatist who must be proven wrong by the power of believing in yourself. That's just Rossiu again. And thematically it has nothing to do with the story.
Instead, all his actions were driven by him denying his nature of Burnish and shutting down his emotions for decades, refusing to burn. From the obvious self hatred leading to the hate of other burnish and Galo, not just living proof of his true nature but also is his opposite, no matter what always perfectly honest and emotionally expressive, to his plan whose actual goal was in fact burning the entire planet. That wasn't the byproduct, it was the actual objective, the fire big enough to satiate all the years of holding back.

>That's just Rossiu again.
You're okay with them copypasting all the other stuff, but Rossiu is a bridge too far?

They wanted to make TTGL for the 3rd time but more gay than the first two times. It was a fun watch when you got crunk and you went to see it in theaters with your friends. That's all there is too it, you missed out watching it alone in your basement.

I'm just glad Imaishi moved on from working with Nakashima finally and I hope it stays that way. The man is out of Ideas.

We aren't talking about some inconsequential self reference, being it the Gainax pose or whatever else. We're talking about the characterization and motives of the main villain, and consequently the themes and point of the movie. Rossiu has a purpose in TTGL, he wouldn't in Promare.

Attached: tumblr_52a690cfbbf174fe34938c936e87230f_3c216751_250.gif (245x270, 707.54K)

No Kray coming out more and more insane was a gag, a funny one at that instead of anything trying to be profound.
You saw him going apeshit over how much he hates Galo and you thought it's anything other than comedy? Try to have fun.

>Also, while Imaishi has always been known for his balls to the walls direction & animation, i thought it was difficult to tell what was going on during the battle sequence in this one.
Meh, it was the same as usual for Imaishi. I would say Dead Leaves action was kinda hard to swallow. Didn't like Promare much myself because of the script but man that Kanada Dragon rampage scene is the embodiment of hype. I revisit that scene once in a while.

I think my favorite part was in the restaurant when the change in animation. Otherwise, it was a lot of visual vomit to discern what was happing on screen. Also, it would benefit greatly if Lio was female. Even if they didn't want to force romance, he is way too effeminate for me to take his arguments seriously.

If the goal was to appeal to LGBT solely, they succeeded I guess.

Attached: d0b15607120a70e73fc0a027996e51bb.jpg (860x1280, 172.79K)

3rd? It's at least the 10th.
There's Diebuster of course, RE Cutie Honey, the mecha episode of Abenobashi, Dead Leaves, Nadia, Gunbuster , and finally the only real TTGL, Getter Robot.

Attached: OK6W_koKDTOqqqLDbIoPAt7j9_PFstr_GbIURpjG7Zo.gif (500x250, 929.61K)

>Unlike Any Forums, I usually love my Triggershit
>but

Attached: 1650901754074.png (232x260, 69.89K)

I like gridman and kill la kill, and am looking forward to cyberpunk

I liked it when I watched it the first time around
I liked it considerably less when I rewatched it

>unlike Any Forums
Where have you been the last few months? Any Forums hates everything trigger that isn't kill la kill or the gridverse

It was pretttty goood... definitely flawed but the visual direction alone gets it an 8/10 and the plot wasn't bad imo, the girl looking dude was so pointless and kinda ruined the movie, but other than that guy was pretty good all around

>6 / 10
That's generous.

Imaishi's action is always easily readable, there's always clear direction and forward momentum, I have much more problems processing anything from the FGO anime.

>Unlike Any Forums, I usually love my Triggershit
but we love trigger though?

4 to 6.

I think it's the cgi that makes it hard to see for me

I don't know if you realized this but this is very much a classic nazi germany movie.
Kray is eco-despair hitler, the burnish are jews and Galo is the useless footsoldier who notices something is wrong. Also the volcano shit is climate change.

I don't know how you miss the allegory, it's all very simple. But people also can't understand TTGL or Kill la Kill, so I guess Imaishi is just too complex for the average anime viewer.

None of those are anything like TTGL.

>appeal to LGBT
Just wait until you find out about the straight women who like gay men in Japan