Why is this considered a masterpiece everywhere? I look at ratings, it's highly critically acclaimed and fan-acclaimed...

Why is this considered a masterpiece everywhere? I look at ratings, it's highly critically acclaimed and fan-acclaimed. I look at Top 5 Manga lists, it's almost always there. Some people even call it Peak Fiction. What the fuck am I missing? I got to episode 3, and there's no way I don't understand most of what it's about. It's a rubber dude hunting for gold.

Attached: this-one-piece-fans-femme-luffy-cosplay-is-gomu-gomu-no-a-mi_gqe7.h1280 (1).jpg (1920x1280, 231K)

> I got to episode 3, and there's no way I don't understand most of what it's about. It's a rubber dude hunting for gold
kek
the anime is shit, read the mango faggot

Its fun, uplifting, and it's nice to read 1000 chapters, and throughout the whole experience things and characters are called back to and pay off sometimes in the end.

>It's a rubber dude hunting for gold.
It's a rubber dude and his friends hunting for adventure. If you don't see the appeal from just that, then I don't know what to tell you.

It's pretty cheap but it's fun

anime sucks
manga is fun for like 200 chapters, then alright for another 400, then it sucks for the rest and keeps sucking.

It's a cartoon for little kids. 5 year olds are the ones posting those opinions.

As far as the standard adventure/battle formula goes, it's very well executed. But if you don't go for the standard adventure/battle formula then you won't like it.

It is very long so a lot of people sunk too much time into it and refuse to admit they wasted all of it.

Remember when shitposting was an art and people weren't lazy like OP?

yeah, that was back when One Piece was still good

so never? sounds right

Because it was genuinely great until Wano fucked so many things up. Even Oda couldn't avoid jumping the shark, but more disgustingly, he waited a quarter of a century to do it. Nika Nika no Fuck You, Oda.

Attached: zjbb2huuwxd91.jpg (954x1381, 121.13K)

Finally people is opening eyes after years of blind ness and fanatcism, they were ready to kill their moms to defend the honor of literal warm piss, but now Wano broken a lot of fanatics, even if hyper autistic ones resists.

Same reason as Berserk, Vagabond, OPM, and Naruto. It's just a piece of fiction that normies love, so they bandwagon and call it "peak". There's always something about these normie series that gets readers hooked, and it's something really stupid that other niche series do much much better and it isn't even the highlight of the manga.
>Muh art
Berserk/Vagabond/OPM
>Muh fights
Naruto
>Muh worldbuilding
One Piece

my rating

Attached: op ranking.png (1140x465, 686.72K)

>Vagabond's only strength is its art
You haven't read it, have you faggot?

You are a zoomer and you will never understand anything.

I have, but if what you got out of all that is "Vagabond's only strength is its art" then there's no point in discussing anything with you. "There's always something about these normie series that gets readers hooked", every single time, I see ANYTHING about Vagabond is people praising the art, no one talks about anything else cause everything else about it is decent at best and to top it all off it isn't even finished / complete and it never will be.

>hunting for gold
>implying that it's definitely gold

What's everybody's bets on the One Piece being THE FRIENDS WE MADE ALONG THE WAY~

And would you be pissed if that was the case?

I'd like it but I'd pretend to hate it on Any Forums to fit in, like with attack on titan

>anime only

Also it's rated because it had the best run in shounen history. Baratie-Marineford was 10+ years and 500+ chapters of pure kino. No wonder it took post-ts being shit for 10 years for One Piece's reputation to take a hit