Theories for Godzilla Singular Point Season 2

This show has a habit of taking classic nonsense plot-points from the films and using excessive science to explain how they're actually possible (e.g. Jet Jaguar learning how to grow, the Oxygen Destroyer being the only weapon that can kill Godzilla, etc...) and I personally loved it.

Here's some of my theories for what's gonna go down in season 2, following from the pattern I've established above.

The major thing we know about season 2 is that it will feature Mechagodzilla in one form or another. We also know that Ashihara is still alive.

We know that Mechagodzilla is being built around Godzilla's bones, and we can speculate that this version of Mechagodzilla may actually be intended to act as an upgrade to the SHIVA supercomputer given that the bones are a Singular Point themselves. We also know that the bones can transmit information and potentially have a will of their own, so it's not far-fetched to say that Mechagodzilla will become self-aware like Kiryu did, but we don't know if he will be good or evil.

Attached: GSP_Gdesign_yamamori_1007-1-1602018590-928x523-2235553057.jpg (928x523, 173.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pXGC4PDXMbk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

As for Ashihara, I reckon his apparent immortality is a result of being absorbed by the SHIVA computer, exposing him to life-extending Archetype or making him a Singular Point himself (I'm saying Singular Point a lot, so I will henceforth abbreviate it as SP; I'll also abbreviate Mechagodzilla as MG). As for his motivation for building MG, we have plenty of room to speculate.

On a surface-level, he could be making MG to continue mining red-dust and to study and control it to a greater extent; he could also use MG to predict the next catastrophe. However, a man isn't that insanely full of smiles overseeing the reconstruction of a computer. I think it is most likely that he has an ulterior motive we don't currently suspect.

Remember Dr. Genshiro Shiragami from Godzilla Vs Biollante and how he used Godzilla's cells to try to resurrect his daughter? I think that Ashihara may have lost someone close to him during the first Godzilla attack, and has since then been studying the Red-Dust and the SPs looking for a way to bring them back using their time-bending properties. This could add some interesting depth to his character, that all the research, experiments and time he spent working could have been not out of a lust for power or information, but rather desperation.

This brings me on to my next point. I think Biollante is coming back and may be central to the plot of next season. MG's existence will no-doubt cause red-dust to spread once again and for Kaiju to return to Earth. Obviously, Godzilla will return - perhaps evolving into Spacegodzilla given his crystal motif makes sense when paired with the red dust - but other SPs, equally as powerful as Godzilla, will also come and potentially fight for dominance.

We've already seen plantlife evolve from the red-dust, so it is entirely possible that Biollante could evolve from it and grow into an SP of her own, having the consciousness of Ashihara's daughter transmitted into her by MG due to Ashihara's meddling.

It's possible the season could end with Biollante fighting against Godzilla to defend humanity.

Finally, and most importantly of all, I predict that we'll get to see Yun and Mei go on a cute sushi date like they promised in Season 1.

Wait, there will be season 2?

>This show has a habit of taking classic nonsense plot-points from the films
>the Oxygen Destroyer being the only weapon that can kill Godzilla, etc...

Explain how that's nonsense. Was the quaint nature of Godzilla 54' too fucking much for you?

>theories on season 2
Ten hours of shizo technobabble, then every kaiju explodes into quantum physics. Still no Mothra

Well, I just found the vague nature of the weapon to be amusing. It's Frankenstein logic, not necessarily wrong but it feels dated.
I loved the 54 movie if that's what you're getting at.

Season 2? Since when?
Biollante appearance for sure. The staff love the franchise too much to leave him out.

It's possible, since apparently the English VAs were contacted by Netflix inquiring if they were willing to come back for a second Season.
If they are making Season 2, it's development has probably been stalled by Tou Enjoe's absence since he's been busy writing the novelisation of GSP until now.

>Chemical weapon that destroys all oxygen in water

SP
>Thing that crystallized the higher dimensional element that creates monsters and causes time feedback loops

Singular Point's sound far more hammy and ridiculous

>season 2
Wait what?

It's wackier, but it's all mathematically consistent.
Get any physics, engineering or mathematics student to watch Godzilla Singular Point and they'd tell you it adds up.
There are way more problems with the Oxygen Destroyer than the Orthogonal Diagonalizer, physically speaking.

Orthogonal Diagonalizer:
A higher dimensional, programmable molecule that can affect other higher dimensional molecules

Oxygen Destroyer:
A machine that annihilates oxygen without antimatter and somehow only targets living things rather than all oxygen surrounding it

Read this

didn't this have a close ending? not like i remember it was extremely forgetable and lol time travel lol physics lol ai

It had an aftercredits scene
youtu.be/pXGC4PDXMbk

It literally ends on a cliffhanger retard

If you haven't seen the aftercredits scene, it would seem likely that season 2 would just be a slice of life about Otaki factory cleaning up the blue crystals, I guess

Season 2 is basically going to be Goji vs Kong

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 101.85K)

Interesting theory, however, fuck you

>Get any physics, engineering or mathematics student
I've studied all of those things in both college and in the military. SP's about as scientifically sound as Rick and Morty

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

How did they get the Goji bones in the first place? It looked like a matured looking Godzilla. Unless they found ti already dead, You'd think somebody would remember a previous monster rampage.