ITT: Loveable characters that got killed off very shortly after being introduced

ITT: Loveable characters that got killed off very shortly after being introduced

By the way, was ghost-Shizu an actual ghost, or just Rimuru's imagination from her absorbed personality and memories? The outcome of what Rimuru did to Shizu is extremely unclear, I feel like the author's meaning is kept vague whenever anything about it is touched upon, including in Diaries.

Attached: spooky.png (1920x1080, 1.43M)

He digested her.
He acquired a bunch of memories from her that way.

She is gone.

Attached: jytvjrt.jpg (1280x720, 111.38K)

this thread is stupid and here's why

If at least 10% of posts stick to the topic of the thread it will be full of SPOILERS. Early deaths are meant to be shocking and unexpected. Every on-topic post would ruin an ark or hte entire series for a newcomer.
>but they've probably seen it already
Guess again. The titles are plenty and most visitors would have a sizable backlog, probably overlapping at things like TTGL or Madoka but to keep a thread within the boundaries of such series is impossible.
As a result, you're attempting to build a mine field of narratives most anons can't gain immunity to. The wiser ones will avoid you based on topic alone i myself opened it only because it had 2 replies and hastier ones will someday curse your name when they recognise one of the characters posted here. Unless the thread sinks empty which it probably will. Farewell.

>17 minutes to write up your explanation and bumping the thread twice for it, despite thinking it shouldn't exist

Also, spoilers do not necessarily ruin series. There is that mindset, and I can tell that you have it.
But to many people, spoilers are just the things we haven't reached yet, and if a story relies on suspense and surprises to make you read it, then it's not really worth reading in the first place. Re-readability is readability.

what can i say, butthurt is butthurt

Regarding "ruining the series", it's 1) in the eye of the beholder, 2) depends on spoiler in question. I'm yet to read Totsukuni no Shoujo, i know the old man won't make it, but i still want to see how it goes. But the topic here is "early deaths of likable characters", so IMO a sudden heavy emotional blow. Is there a single auther who did this and is okay with it being well-known? Aside from and other afterlife stories?

You do realize that doing exactly that is just a cheap attempt by hack authors to generate drama?

>Is there a single auther who did this and is okay with it being well-known?
You are now asking for author intent which is difficult to divine - and also a different topic.

>it's 1) in the eye of the beholder,
As I said. No one is forcing you to jump into a thread that is dedicated to spoilers.

Any and all cases for every author?
Even if so, what then? Discard the entire work?

I imply it's never the case. Also curious about exceptions

You are not thousands of authors. You lack the qualification to make that claim.

I am a thousand readers, in a sense. I can try

Attached: sen_trump_card.jpg (436x314, 36.78K)

Imagine if Mami get to live and become a JD fashion model like Yachiyo did

Attached: mami_transformation.png (972x1892, 3.28M)

>I am a thousand readers,
You are not.
Even if you were, that would still not give you the POV you seek.

>I can try
Sure, you can post bullshit on Any Forums all you want.

>But the topic here is "early deaths of likable characters", so IMO a sudden heavy emotional blow. Is there a single auther who did this and is okay with it being well-known?
Shizu, in That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, I imagine.
There's very little time between her introduction and demise, and it's hinted beforehand that she's dying and she knows it.

How about you share YOUR pov, then. What's your interest in this thread? Like to watch people die or what?
I like the summary. Plain and honest quality drama. Thanks for the example

>How about you share YOUR pov, then. What's your interest in this thread?
I came into this thread, made a response and stayed to see if someone would disagree.

Then you came, and our argument became the focus of this thread.

We have now left even the vestiges of the original topic though. This is getting meaningless.

Just a moment
>I came into this thread
Why? You being here (and defending the topic thoroughly) implies you have interest in it. What's the appeal in learning early deaths in fiction?

I have no idea what you are trying to prove or where your interest in my thought processes comes from. As far as I am concerned, this is getting nowhere. This will be my last response.

>implies you have interest in it.
That's you interpreting things incorrectly. I do not. It was a new thread, and so I opened it, as per routine.
I didn't defend the thread so much as I pointed out flaws with your argument.

This is not what I would categorize as a bad thread. If it had more on-topic posting, I would close it because those posts would just distract me from other stuff. But as it stands, the only real activity is us utterly derailing it.
Sorry about that, by the way. Again, this is my last post.

>ITT: Loveable characters that got killed off very shortly after being introduced
That's the point of lovable characters. They're there to pull you into the show and then they get offed, then you become embittered and still watch the show hoping they survive/revive.