Why do they keep saying “DOKUTĀ TENMA” when Japanese has an actual word for “doctor”?

Why do they keep saying “DOKUTĀ TENMA” when Japanese has an actual word for “doctor”?

It is so distracting I might switch to English dub.

Attached: BBF901A0-7DC3-4E76-A987-0C8C7E145F14.jpg (727x1091, 121.73K)

Because he's in Germany so it's 'Doktor'. That's why the first chapter is called Herr Doktor Tenma

>thinking the krauts know how to speak nip

Attached: Confused Math Lady.jpg (800x441, 85.3K)

So he and the entire cast speaks a Germanified Japanese instead of just speaking German? It would have honestly just been less distracting if they just said “F it, it’s a Japanese show, have them all speak Japanese”. This is especially confounding because Tenma is from Japan and not Germany… DOKUTĀ BOYĀ makes sense because he seems German born… but wouldn’t they just use the normal Japanese way of referring to Tenma?

because it's fun, try saying it out loud
DOKUTAH TENMAH

Attached: 1639298183316.png (720x540, 637.83K)

>all the episodes where they mention "Hitora"
It's been 15 years and the trauma is still fresh in my mind so I understand OP

Would they get along?

Attached: BurrakuJakku.png (600x400, 327.6K)

>Munch-munch, chomp-chomp, gobble-gobble, gulp.
I died from cringe every time some character said this

Maybe I haven’t paid attention, but they actually sound out onomatopoeias like these?

bari bari
gusha gusha
baki baki
gokun

ARGHHHH
Yes and it was hideous. Fuck ''''Franz Bonaparta'''' and fuck Monster.

Attached: 1560718132308.jpg (537x689, 82.47K)

…I caught myself randomly saying DOKUTĀ TENMA while doing chores. I have become too annoying to my own self and I need this expression to get out of my head…

>fuck Monster
Hey man it’s not a bad show…

On what planet would they decide that to be a good idea? Is Monster an actual case where the Japanese dub is the worst option?

I speak german and the sub was so cringe i switched to dub, however, this was the most boring piece of anime I have ever watched. just watch anything else

>this was the most boring piece of anime I have ever watched
As compared to?

Going with that logic, they should do away with the Japanese and say everything in German.

The Japanese are not based enough to make their own people read subtitles

Attached: DDFE98CF-C507-4B5C-87A8-AB66EEBF41F5.jpg (850x1025, 105.07K)

It's a really common approach to fictional TV or film to have people speaking in the language of youe viewers but also have there be a premise where everyone in the show is behaving as though they're speaking a foreign language instead.
Since you do it to create the feeling of a foreign country you also naturally include little details of that foreign country e.g. You might have people use the accent, or if it's Mexico you'll probably have people talking about tequilla and rolling their Rs and such.
Basically you need to be not autistic to get it because it involves multiple different ideas that aren't rigidly adhered to in a literal or slavishly consistent way.

they do call him sensei most of the time, everybody besides eva just says Doctor instead of Kenzo

Attached: chessexperience.jpg (640x589, 64.07K)

Yes but why does the hospital staff always refer to him, a Japanese born man, as DOKUTĀ TENMA instead of Tenma Sensei?