Yes, letting the police get my supernatural murder tool and learn of its existence was ALL part of my genius plan

>Yes, letting the police get my supernatural murder tool and learn of its existence was ALL part of my genius plan.
Light is genuinely a retard and I have no idea why people think it is some 200 IQ move.

Attached: JUST_AS_PLANNED.jpg (800x450, 37.78K)

how the FUCK do you even track the source of a magical telepathic satanic murder book?

It was Misa's fault.

Well, it did led to killing L, and controlling what's left of police squad.

>it did led to killing L
no it didn't, L died because Light pressured Rem to do it for his incompetent ass, an outcome he could've generated without exposing the existence of the notebook since all it required is for Misa to be in danger.

>don't kill the first fake L that shows up on TV
>kill criminals from all over the world
>schedule people to die at like 12:00 UTC or some other time that won't reveal your country
He could've been impossible to narrow down if he had really tried to stay anonymous

Why is Any Forums so low quality lately?

Attached: 1658611960137595.png (600x550, 34.2K)

Which was according to plan...

It's called salvaging. If it wasn't for Misa he wouldn't be in danger in the first place.

it's pretty dumb that he didn't use the death note's other capabilities such as setting time of death, that alone would make it impossible to deduce he's a student or whatever based on his schedule, he could kill a giant list of criminals once a week if he wanted.
he was just dumb to be honest, how else would you manage to get caught with such a powerful killing tool

Wrong, L would have been made smart enough to find him regardless.

His power trip made him lose everything.
Think of all the powerful men who can't resist their hubris

>L would have been made smart enough
that's only feasible through the author's actual writing, don't go around shoehorning your headcanon just to fix the story up

There's no reason why Light didn't kill all of the police who were at the scene when Higuchi was arrested. Near and Mello would have never known of the existence of the notebook if he did.

Attached: 0060-007.jpg (1066x1600, 333.39K)

he wouldn't be in any danger anyway if he didn't start purposely baiting L by intentionally letting L the investigation know he has police connections by changing his killings right after they try to pattern his kill times.
Even with his screw up of killing Lind L Taylor, someone who only has free time outside of the middle of the day in the Kanto region of Japan is still a needle in a haystack search, and he went and shrunk it down to just several groups of families.

He'd be a prime suspect considering he's the only left survivor of the task force, and he didn't know L's real name anyway

how would he be able to do that?
He only had the one strip of paper in his watch to write Higuchi's name, and then he himself would lack direct access to a notebook he could safety write on for until after L is dead and word could spread

Light's father was covering him when he died right? There's no way the Shinigami eyes didn't show he was a death note user.

No, by taking advantage of technicalities Light was not a Death Note owner at that time, so his lifespan was visible.

The student deduction is already nonsensical. Students are very busy in Japan with after school clubs and cram school, how would his schedule be any different than a salaryman's?

He needs names and faces.

Telling L he was involved with the police was the worst move, not only in Death Note, but in any "mindgames" manga.

Suspects? Went from 2000 000 to 2.

He had to do this in order to save Misa because Rem was threatening to kill him if he doesn't.

It's easy for contrarians to crop up about the show and point out its flaws, but honestly I don't think there are many shows out there that manage to be as gripping as Death Note. Having the audience engaged in every moment and making them want to watch one episode after another in a row is honestly a difficult feat. Don't know of many other shows that have successfully done so (at least for me) while still staying memorable.

Read Liar Game if you want an actually smart mindgames manga

Are you retarded?

based as fuck

that was literally why this scene was so funny

Watch One Outs

i think it's been like this for quite a bit user...

I mean, the Death Note is pretty op so if Light had played perfectly there would've been no show at all (at least not within the same genre). It's just kinda fun to imagine how you could abuse it's underused rules and do better than he did.

also akagi