Shimeji Simulation/tkmiz

Will we get a chapter this month? Have you eaten eggs recently, or read a good book, perhaps on philosophy? Be free here.

Attached: FUZlt9BUAAAkyyz.jpg (1920x1080, 804.26K)

Attached: 1657663575490.jpg (1920x1080, 1.35M)

Yeah, Shimeji's getting the Cune cover and insert this month too. I haven't read it yet but I picked up Ango's Darakuron recently
I had raw egg today snacking on some uncooked batter too

That's exciting. SS is routinely the highlight of my month.

>Born in Niigata, Sakaguchi was one of a group of young Japanese writers to rise to prominence in the years immediately following Japan's defeat in World War II. As such, Ango Sakaguchi was associated with the Buraiha or "Decadent School" (無頼派 buraiha, the school of irresponsibility and decadence), which designated a group of dissolute writers who expressed their perceived aimlessness and identity crisis of post-World War II Japan.
>In 1946 he wrote his most famous essay, titled "Darakuron" ("Discourse on Decadence"), which examined the role of bushido during the war. It is widely argued that he saw postwar Japan as decadent, yet more truthful than a wartime Japan built on illusions like bushido. (The work itself does not make any claims about the meaning of decadence.)
Sounds like a difficult work.

Attached: 1643478500828.png (260x280, 80.91K)

I'm just starting out reading philosophy. I just finished a book on Presocratic philosophers today. Going to move on to Plato at some point and am also reading the Bible to prepare myself for medieval philosophy.

Thank God there's a chapter. 2 other manga I'm reading are off this month so I couldn't take this one being off too. Maybe drawing the cover and insert is why there's no preview image this month.

Attached: ShimejiYomiConsider.png (1007x787, 529.63K)

I don't read philosophy but I do eat eggs.

Attached: egg smack.png (223x310, 55.43K)

I'm at a similar point. I just recently decided to start reading the classics instead of easier, more modern books. I've read some Hindu religious texts (Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita) and some Schopenhauer, but I'm currently on the Bible as well (Old Testament).

Attached: 1609050682241.png (458x346, 115.27K)

I think the buraiha movement was really interesting. You might be familiar with Osamu Dazai's No Longer Human, it's the most famous work to come out of it. There's something I'm completely entranced by in its dirtiness, though I can't really explain it well.

How do you like your eggs?

Attached: 85164364_p0.jpg (700x700, 280.51K)

Found a site that has all kinds of suggested orders for reading the Bible. I chose one that goes back and forth between the old and new testaments since it apparently helps avoid burn out since I can imagine reading the entire Pentateuch in a row could be hard to do (I've read Genesis, Exodus, and Isaiah from the old testament so far). I also read a book with a lot of dialogues of Buddha. I have the Upanishads downloaded but haven't started reading those yet.

>instead of easier, more modern books
I would think the modern books would be more difficult reads since a lot of them would build on older stuff, and some of the snippets I've read of modern stuff seems way out there. Especially things like analytical logic or whatever you call it.

I'm a scrambler. Very lazy.

Attached: 96516929_p0.jpg (900x1200, 256.31K)

>have you [...] read a good book
Some /tkmiz/ anons have been recently congregating in the ongoing daily Panpanya threads (manga still counts, right!?)

>Osamu Dazai's No Longer Human
I've actually read that. The last paragraph in the epilogue stood out to me where I still remember it today
>“It’s been ten years. I suppose he may be dead already. He must have sent the notebooks to you by way of thanks. Some parts are rather exaggerated I can tell, but you obviously suffered a hell of a lot at his hands. If everything written in these notebooks is true, I probably would have wanted to put him in an insane asylum myself if I were his friend.”
>“It’s his father’s fault,” she said unemotionally. “The Yozo we knew was so easy-going and amusing, and if only he hadn’t drunk—no, even though he did, drink- he was a good boy, an angel.”

>reading the entire Pentateuch in a row could be hard to do
Yeah, Numbers for example was a pain to get through. I've just going book by book. I recommend the Upanishads, they're actually wonderful. Although I wonder at taking something like the Upanishads out of the original context of the Vedas and reading them as a standalone text. Still fascinating on their own, I think they would hold value if they were all that remained of Hindu scriptures.
>modern books would be more difficult reads
Well I'm referring to less dense nonfiction stuff that while informative didn't actually create much growth in myself.

Yeah, but a good scrambled egg is delicious too. Sometimes I just like 'em fried sunny side up too, but really I should make an omelette one of these days.

Attached: 1643698713192.jpg (1920x1080, 170.99K)

you'd probably like Ango too then. He doesn't have as much exposure outside Japan for whatever reason but he's a massive pillar of that style

I had runny eggs on toast with some bacon on it for dinner yesterday, it was simple but really tasty. I love me a good egg.

Attached: bbf72ede99a89a21a454048b53c50d8316857f4ea110af1fec5073bce22fb2b9.jpg (1920x1920, 634.52K)

The Old Testament can be a rough read, especially in the KJV, but i feel reading the Bible in chronological order is the best way to approach it due to how often the New Testament refers to the OT, plus the fulfilment of prophecies from the OT in the NT.
There's a reason why The Bible was arranged in the way that it was.

zetsubou............

Attached: EgOT3OzU4AMhDvl.jpg (1920x1080, 588.44K)

Zetsubou

Attached: 1643652458555.png (1470x2010, 2.49M)

Is it working now?

>or read a good book
I'm reading Sinuhe the Egyptian, right now.
Also this

>or read a good book
I'm reading Sinuhe the Egyptian, right now.
Also this

I don't read very much on account of not that bright, but I've been doing some thinking and I wanted to dump my brain to see what /tkmiz/ thinks, even at risk of sounding totally schizophrenic
it started with the last panel in the previous chapter, where Shijima sees a duplicate of sis
the duplicate didn't have a hairpin, so I was wondering if all the hair decorations are analogies, maybe for souls, consciousness, or something like that, not the deepest connection but I hadn't really considered it before
that brought me back to the "a name is like a soul" thing, raw fish, the perpetual motion digger, and the "living" concrete blocks with flounders that acted like Majime's egg
what if sis created those blocks as dolls of some sort, like the gardener did in her town, and then trapped souls in them?
maybe sis can create duplicates of herself now, dolls without souls she can use for more brain power when she's working?
I don't know where this fits in to the simulation, maybe it's powered by souls, or it's a soul repository
it might explain why Shijima grew the shimejis, she reached enlightenment in that closet and became conscious, got a soul, or whatever
there was that time she tried to remember how she used to be, and said it felt like she was a completely different person, her childhood friend even said she's "like a doll"
this could all just be my brains frying themselves over-easy trying to understand something beyond my grasp
anyways Sumida a cute post more Sumida-senpai

Attached: 1656256951458.png (267x528, 135.29K)

how would you describe the philosopher inspiration for ShimSim

Yesterday I ate a mushroom omelette. I tried reading Camus's The Myth Of Sisyphus but I was utterly filtered.

Attached: Falling.png (1920x1080, 1.67M)