Go Nagai:

A true pioneer of Anime & Manga deserves his own thread.
>Mazinger Z
>Devilman
>Cutie Honey
>Violence Jack
>Harenchi Gakuen

What is your favorite Go Nagai Anime and/or Manga?

Attached: DTAb01wUMAAvqPK.jpg (486x338, 77.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/284759204
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Zero anime fucking WHEN?

This man is completely fucking insane

Attached: nagai.jpg (225x350, 42.4K)

Cutie Honey, the manga version. It got a lot of adaptations but all have their problems and none managed to reach the manga.

I was also looking at Violence Jack some months ago and while the story was all over the place (I was looking at the raws so maybe it would make sense if I read it translated), the artstyle was godlike and you can see how it influenced series like Hokuto no Ken and Berserk.

Harenchi Gakuen was a nice school ecchi comedy, probably the first one, and I wish it had gotten a proper adaptation.

I don't like Devilman and I haven't watched Mazinger but I've watched Abashiri Ikka (let's not talk about that) and Kekkou Kamen. The latter was pretty fun and wacky. It couldn't be made today with all the Nazi elements in it.

Why does no one ever say Devil Lady?

Iyahaya Nantomo is batshit insane, even by Uncle Go standards.

Attached: Screenshot_20220722-230738.png (695x1095, 982.05K)

Violence Jack 20XX seems more likely to get an anime at this point.

> will never get an anime

Life is pain.

Attached: 019_1479268993.png (695x1049, 262.57K)

While Mazinger Z has some good things going for it, the manga was really underwhelming to me.
It starts good enought but it's painfully obvious when he stopped really caring for the story as it's own thing and basically tells you to watch the anime to understand the changes that just happen like Ashura's death of Boss Borot existence. And it just ends with no real conclusion unless you read Great Mazinger to see Hell die and Maziger get destroyed by the Mycenae Empire army

we need proper devilman anime no ugly netflix shit
original soundtrack wouldn't hurt

i wonder

Attached: devilman lady.jpg (1268x1900, 918.22K)

The 80's OVAs would have been perfect if they made more than just 2

Cutie Honey is my favorite of his works. Here's a photo of a little statue I got of her. I think the 70s anime is the best adaptation of her. The manga is just okay. It always disappoints me that Re: Cutie Honey and the 2004 movie are all people know of her, but it isn't surprising.
I agree with this. The original anime is great but the manga is pretty boring. That goes for all of Nagai's mecha stuff.

Attached: Cutie Honey.jpg (3264x1632, 1.82M)

Devilman is a 10/10, I also read Mazinger but I didn't like it very much

FTFY

Attached: 1658527435240389.jpg (1632x3264, 1.81M)

Didn't Mazinger Z get an English dub in the late-70s?
vimeo.com/284759204

Devil man song??

>Gets surpassed by his bro Ishikawa
Ishikawa was mechmaxxed but even if his legacy was (mostly) on one genre I will still put him slightly above Nagai as an author.

most of his works suck

Yeah, but they were the first to suck. And it inspired later authors to improve on most of his concepts (See Miura being a huge Devilmanfag)

Ishikawa improved a lot both on art and storytelling as he went on. Also his Mazinger Z:Relic of Terror is great. His contribution to Neo Devilman was kinda weird but cool nonetheless.

I read Mazinger Z and Getter Robo and both suck