What makes Mary Sues un/likeable?

What makes Mary Sues un/likeable?

Attached: Mary Sues.jpg (1209x943, 322.49K)

I love Yugi though.

Yami Yugi is one of the most likable characters in existence.

>Akira, Rean, Yugi
They're based schizos
>the rest
boring non-character

I like Yugi and REAN.

(You)

They are boring. Yugi is based though, the rest can go fuck themselves

>fail at her job for most of the season
>is still called a Sue by the retards
Everything is a fucking buzzword nowadays.

I only like them when they completely embrace their OPness and even start shitting on the rest
like anos-sama or chisato
I absolutely hate them when they try to be overly humble or pretend their great power is nothing special

>Yugi
>unlikeable
Kaiba....

Attached: 1451006424445.jpg (555x555, 55.8K)

I like onii-sama because he's married to his sister.

any character that makes people seethe is based in my book

People consider Violet a mary-sue?

I used to like Rimuru, but then I tried watching Slime Diary, and all the Rimuru worship started rubbing me the wrong way. Then Season 2 Part 2 came along, and made him even more Jesusy.

>Crippled child soldier veteran with severe PTSD, emotional regulation issues, a disconnect with societ, and a bevy of other flaws is a mary sue
Apparently we are allowed to just make shit up now.

Attached: Violet during the war.jpg (628x640, 105.89K)

>Mary Sues
People are misusing the term. It originally meant that someone who faces challenges that should be their undoing keeps breezing through them all the time like it's no issue, e.g.:

"oh no I have been imprisoned by the strongest intergalactic galaxy-spanning empire on their homeplanet and am set to be executed in 3 days, but before I am executed it just so happens that the first uprising in 3000+ years happens here (completely unrelated to me) and I somehow managed to escape from this place that's only the final enemy 10 seasons later (if the series doesn't get axed earlier). Many died in this uprising but oh well, at least I am safe..."

But these days its meaning has been perverted to now refer to any competent character in a non-SoL series that isn't under 24/7 constant threat of almost certain death and actually knows how to solve issues before they escalate, because tension GOOD and agency BAD.

Add it to the filters

in most lifetimes, yugi gets with mai.

Attached: 1657952520263.png (640x480, 502.46K)

westerners can't draw cute girls

The pharaoh deserves better than to be associated with the rest of this boring trash.

Tragic backstories don't change anything about how a character is presented.

None of those are Mary Sue and you have no idea what that term means.

Yugi is a mary sue?

Stop calling characters you dislike buzzwords.

Is manifesting schizophrenia to cheat at a children's card game all it takes to be a Mary Sue nowadays?