Did the Rebuilds ruin eva for you or do you still think of it fondly? :-)

did the Rebuilds ruin eva for you or do you still think of it fondly? :-)

Attached: 47F7675B-AB5F-4A78-A236-CB60198E6796.png (1920x1080, 2.6M)

I still love Evangelion but the years of unnecessary and shitty sequels like KF S2, Korra and Sotsu taught me a lesson about not watching them so I still haven't seen 3.0+10

Anyone unable to separate the Rebuilds' continuity from the TV series' continuity is a blithering retard whose opinion doesn't matter.
That includes you, OP.

true but you cannot unsee what has been seen with thine eyes young one

Attached: 0B1FC164-DF48-43F1-967C-EDE1CD0928A9.gif (540x304, 1.26M)

So? There's stuff about the Rebuilds I enjoy and other stuff I find dumb, same as the TV series. Attributing them together is like saying Asuka Langley Soryu is the same character as Asuka Shikinami Langley. They're not.

there are people that defend rebuild and thats the real unforgiving thing about it all.

>:-)
Go back.

Wings of Honneamise and Gunbuster ruined evangelion for me

I treat Eva + EoE and Rebuilds as two separate artistic endeavors.

Rebuilds just felt like Anno was trying clean up and be more autistic/direct with his message, but in actuality didn't really have much new to say.

Original series and EoE cannot really be tainted by the rebuilds imo. They already left their impact. He can't undo it now.

nothing will change the feelings I have for the original series. 1.0 and 2.0 were ok, 3.0 was a shitshow and 1.0 + 3.0 was a great send-off for the rebuild saga and the series as a whole.

They give me nostalgia but they're not good on their own

>did Shin ruin Eva
No
>did Shin ruin talking about Eva on Any Forums
Oh yeah.

> Eva + EoE
There never was a such thing. Movie(s) already were post-Evangelion Evangelion. Some original viewers actually called them travesty and cash grab (how familiar). However, as most people today started by learning that Evangelion is great, and EoE is great, often before seeing both, so they never actually thought about their relationship, or were impressed by Evangelion directly.

However, people feel free to not get Rebuilds today, as they feel no pressure to parrot the usual praise. In some sense, it's more honest.

dunno why it would affect the way i feel about the original. it's two separate things as far as i'm concerned. and honestly i love 3.0+1 and i feel that's enough to justify the existence of the preceding three. i mean, it's not like it was years off MY life making shitty eva movies, so if it leads to an enjoyable outcome for me then that's enough
and somehow i don't think anno's too beat up about it either

Yeah, if the work is already established and acclaimed then tendency to hate it decreases. Of course, contrarians exist but they are never majority. Whereas any work released is present time will get a bit more criticism. Not that it's a bad thing.

You speak of “haters”, and probably assumes that there is an objective list of “acclaimed” works only haters can criticize. It's not like that.

What I mean is different: it's hard to experience the work, and come up with answers to its questions when people around you have countless retarded “explanations”.

I think the last 2 rebuilds arent good but I still love NGE and EoE
1.0 was fine and I enjoyed 2.0s wild ending alot

>he doesn't know

Attached: Evangelion.3.0+1.01.Thrice.Upon.a.Time.2021.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DD+.5.1.H.264-RMB.mkv_snapshot_02.02.35_[2022.07.16_00.12.10].jpg (1918x816, 623.95K)

Rebuilds made it better

Let’s not kid ourselves, Eva threads were never good…

>gendo now has memories of previous worlds

he's doomed to repeat it all again. the same history, the same mistakes. again and again.

Attached: 871.jpg (800x421, 18.79K)

Rebuild made things right again.

Attached: thrice upon a time.jpg (960x1668, 1.06M)

Hang yourself, filenametard.

3.0 was such a retarded shit show I refuse to watch 3.0+1. All this sequel shit is awful and it very VERY rarely turns out good. Evangelion ended fine with EoE and I'm going to leave it at that. Same shit with Madoka.

no, i actually didnt like it in the first place

>3.0 was such a retarded shit show I refuse to watch 3.0+1
3+1 actually fixes a lot of issues 3.0 had.
>Same shit with Madoka
Rebellion was very good, but unlike Rebuild which are a direct sequel, Rebellion is an AU that belongs to the theatrical continuity.

sakura > mari

Attached: 1638887130350.jpg (852x1200, 161.61K)

No. I haven't even finished rebuild 1.0 because I found the cgi jarring and tryhard. So I never finished 1.0 and never went past this. I may try again to watch them in the future.

They're not worth it.

Rebuilds aren't a sequel and are not canon.

>Rebuilds aren't a sequel and are not canon
Rebuild is the final and canon ending to Anno's take on Evangelion, it's meant to put an end to the loops of suffering Shinji is stuck in and take him away from Eva.

Attached: bye bye all of evangelion.jpg (5760x2716, 1.87M)

I'm so happy Toji and Hikari got together

>I found the cgi jarring and tryhard
Ramiel is beautiful though.

Attached: best girl.gif (500x281, 1006.9K)

what's new in 1.01 and what's next in 1.011?

It's also a not so subtle jab at the audience for refusing to move on from Eva. The dude was basically saying "I made this shit to make fun of you and yet you unironically give me money to make more, so be careful with what you wish for".

>Ramiel
Actually that's where I turned it off. I preferred the minimal ramiel on the original. When I show ramiel spinnig and other smaller shapes being revealed I dropped it. It was tryhard and distracting and cheap.

Didn't like 2 and 3 aside from the OST, thought 4 was entertaining and redeemed everything if you watch it as some sort of post-ironic parody.

All the stuff starting with the Ramiel episodes.

>It's also a not so subtle jab at the audience for refusing to move on from Eva
Anno made it crystal clear in the making of 3+1 that he considers the original show as a thing that made people obsess over in unhealthy ways, which he absolutely hates.

They're dogshit movies and they're not canon. I know you only pretend to like them in order to shitpost.

>people obsess over in unhealthy ways
For real? I love Neon Genesis Evangelion but I don't obsess over it, I thought the obsession and the waifu wars where a stale meme.

There are mentally ill people ITT that literally cannot stop thinking about certain characters/relationships, so yes it is real. It's sad, especially when they spam shit about Anno wanting people to move on when they themselves are unable to do so.

anno failed in making fans get over their NGE obsession since rebuilds characters are so flanderized and shallow

I didn't watch Rebuilds

Attached: pope evangelion.jpg (700x933, 100.83K)

Attached: sad02.jpg (736x491, 50.42K)

Attached: pope statue.jpg (1067x1600, 139.24K)

Only 3.0 is bad movie, the others range from good to okay.

I don’t think he cares. Rebuild and merch makes him a lot of money. Now he can do what he really wants and make Kamen Rider.

2.0>1.0>>>>>>>>>.0>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.0+1.0

Wrong! It goes 3.0+1.0>.0>>>>>>>>>.0>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.0

3.0 + 1.0 is the worst of them all, it ruined any potential 3.0 had. 3.0 is pretty bad, and 2.0 is actually kinda ok compared to the others. 1.0 is literally just a redraw.