Sus

>sus

Holy fucking shit sus is not a word.

Attached: file.png (835x1200, 949K)

Sus has been slang for a very long time, you faggot prescriptivist

Prescriptivism is part of natural language development.

Neither is amogus, but here we are.

Attached: Sus - Green's Dictionary of Slang.png (583x406, 27.03K)

sus has been common language for i want to say two decades now, but i do agree, lots of anime/manga translations use it way too often and it doesn't read very well
like in op's image, nobody says "sus level"

Sounds like you're implying you've seen amogus being used in an official translation, which it hasn't. I hope.

yet

And zoomers are not human

More human than election tourist wojaktards like you.

Language use is always changing. You used to refer to a woman as Maddam. It got shortened to the informal Ma'am, which was seen as rude, then common. It became as formal to call someone Ma'am as it had been to call them Maddam, and so it became informal to call them Mrs LASTNAME. Eventually using Mrs followed the same path, to the point where people really only children call authority figures like their teachers and other children's parents by Mrs. "Mrs LASTNAME is my mother's name, call me FIRSTNAME I insist" is where we are now. Japan has a similar weird thing with how they call each other, whether they use their first name, which particular suffix they use, or a nickname. We've even dropepd the use of the word Master as an unmarried man, so that people associate the word more with slavery or being in charge rather than a 13 year old boy with a butler.

Remember, times change. Your parents would be reading the newspaper instead of getting on anonymous image boards dedicated to cartoons of a country you probably didn't originate from. You did things different when you were young and the new generation is doing things different than you. Just like we know how to fix the router and use the printer and google things for basic problems and our parents can't, the new generation can probably do things better than you ever will as well. Your parents look at you spending all your time on the computer and shake their head. Look into the mirror. You're old and bitter now. You've wasted your life. You'll never stop the sussers from sussing out the sussy.

This cope is so silly.
>all these groups never used sus at all in their translations
>amogus explodes
>they start to shoehorn sus everywhere
>it's just a normal word, it's totally a coincidence we started using it now

ok zoomer

Sus is a word that has existed for a long time.
What's new is this idea that it needs to be shoehorned where it doesn't belong because "le amogus memes xd!".

Attached: 1519595218223.jpg (637x720, 63.43K)

How tf do u think language works moron? It doesn't form from the ether in completed state.

aiight senpai, y'all cray cray

it's fine if used in dialogue because it conveys the speaker is a drooling retard but I'm not sure what to make of it when used in narration

you laugh now but eventually "bussin no cap fr fr" will be your new norm

>How tf do u
Why would you know anything about how language works?

Nice argument faggot
>cope
U think this isn't a trend either? I don't disagree its shoehorned but people are acting like this is some violation of language and translation when its not. Its annoying at worst.

that is exactly what is wrong - it is annoying as shit, and also the original reason that user was calling it out for, not because he had some sort of divine duty to gatekeep language purity, like what you are trying to twist his intention into, to cover up for your realization that, your attemp to one up another user is about to be an embarrassment

Op literally said "that's not a word" which for all intents and purposes it is even if its modern slang.

So ye this isn't a one up idk what the fuck you're talking about.