Watched the first 2 episodes of Cowboy Bebop. Gonna be honest, it's just OK so far. The voice acting isn't that great

Watched the first 2 episodes of Cowboy Bebop. Gonna be honest, it's just OK so far. The voice acting isn't that great.

When does this show get good?

Attached: Cowboy_Bebop_key_visual.jpg (260x390, 32.92K)

I dropped it after 1st epiosdes. It's just millennial toonamikeks that shill this anime.

when you stop having unrealistic expectations for it just because its considered one of the best anime by people you've never met

>The voice acting isn't that great.
Are you watching it in Japanese? Honestly one of my favorite casts.

I've never gotten more than 3 eps in. And I'm a millenial raised on toonami (tenchi and gundam in '00, yo). It didn't seem cohesive, and seemed too kid-friendly for a space hitman show. IDK, maybe it changes, but it didn't really draw me in.

You can never appreciate the genius of the first episode until you see the end.

>When does this show get good?
It doesn't.

When Spike dies at the end

>kid friendly
Didn't the first episode involve a drug induced gunfight/getaway and then the girl died after shooting her husband?
Thats kid friendly to you?

Personally I don’t like it that much, not that I think it’s bad, but it just doesn’t touch me personally. I liked Samurai Champloo a lot more.
However I can recognize that it’s actually a very well crafted show and definitely better than most anime in many areas so I can see why people praise it.
But Bebop isn’t an explosive show.
It’s not gonna hook you immediately.
And it’s not the kind of show that I think will really change your perspective on anime or that impacts and reinvents the genre or medium in a revolutionary way like Evangelion or Akira does.
Bebop is honestly a pretty humble endeavor all things considered, but it has a lot of fans who’ve raised it to the pedestal it sits upon.
Like says just have realistic expectations.

if you think cowboy bebop is mediocre, you're gonna HATE how much worse literally all anime is

I loved it, it was the first "adult" anime that I watched as a kid. The OST is fucking beautiful too, I learned to play the saxophone just to be able to play Goodnight Julia.
Give it a try user, it has one of the best endings of any anime.

Attached: 2634623424.jpg (282x178, 8.39K)

I watched like 4 episodes and it felt like watching the endless eight, in that every episode felt the same, except it was much worse

All other anime is worse

Attached: 1601298364531.jpg (1190x1350, 411.02K)

When you grow up and become old enough to understand what it´s really about.

try to appreciate that every second is something someone drew

Space lion is a fantastic song.
I’m a sucker for melodic choirs and tribal drums.

It is the writing that is bad, not the animation.

When you aquire taste.

The show mostly follows an episodic format, though you'll get occasional plot episodes that mainly serve to explore the backstories of the cast. A big theme of the show is everyone is now past their good ol' days and are struggling to find their place in the present

>Evangelion or Akira
I vomit.

Friendly reminder that spike did not die at the end of cowboy bebop.

>All other anime is worse
I imagined that Bebop would be Baccano! x GunBuster x Black Lagoon, but with funky basslines. All of those shows are significantly better than Bebop imo.