Akira

At the end of the film Tetsuo finally won after being completely stripped of his humanity and being reborn as an entire universe. The other characters like Kaneda didn't really learn anything besides "Tetsuo turned evil", right?

I don't remember if Kaneda truly realized "maybe I should stop being so hard on my friends". I guess Tetsuo didn't really learn his lesson at first either as before being consumed he begged Kaneda to save him one last time.

Attached: akira-animationscreencaps.com-12266.jpg (1920x1040, 189.49K)

Kaneda realizes the reason Tetsuo was acting out was because he felt he had to save him all the time, but Kaneda never really used this to try and solve the problem just as a tactic to try and catch Tetsuo offguard

Attached: akira-Shotaro-Kaneda-sits.png (1252x1534, 330.08K)

Tetsuo is tragic, but also a massive faggot that rightfully gets his shit kicked in by Kaneda in the manga. He was a whiny brat with an inferiority complex towards someone who took care of him for years, and just lashed out at anything he could once he gained a bit of power.

I've only ever seen the film and it's been a while but wasn't Tetsuo bottom of the rung in the gang? No matter what he did the other guys would pick on him specifically. He was a screw up no doubt like in the bike chase scene where he slid and fell off but he also got back up caught the guy and killed him before running into the little blue dude

Attached: Tetsuo.jpg (1920x1357, 861.56K)

Don't be hard on your friends isn't the lesson of akira.

>in the bike chase scene where he slid and fell off but he also got back up caught the guy
That's why the guys still supported him and loved him. He needed their help a lot but he was still their friend
Tetusuo's entire character is because Kaneda treated him like he was superior to him. Had Kaneda never acted like that and treated him as an equal I doubt Tetsuo would've been on that kind of rampage since throughout the entire film he keeps bringing up he doesn't need help

>Had Kaneda never acted like that and treated him as an equal I doubt Tetsuo would've been on that kind of rampage since throughout the entire film he keeps bringing up he doesn't need help
maybe he shouldn't have been a crybaby

Kaneda was the founder and leader of their gang. Hes expected to appear better than the rest as someone to follow/aspire to. Before Tetsuo's breakdown Kaneda only taunted Tetsuo as a means to help him improve himself.

It's understandable since being in a gang requires you to be tough as nails but ultimately ruling through power corrupts as seen in the film. Their entire hierarchy of power requires some to be below and others above just like the government they hated and when you give an amoeba godlike power all it does is destroy

Read the manga, faggot. The film adapts less than 1/3rd of the story.

Attached: akira_6_p137.jpg (728x1087, 104.45K)

read the manga, the characterization is better. you can read either bartkira or the original, i'd recommend the former because some of the art is better than the manga.

>i'd recommend the former because some of the art is better than the manga.
>Doubt

really, it's worth a look. i'd but the compilation hardcover if it wasn't $200.

half the manga is an adaptation of the film made years later, just like Nausicaa

Manga started in Dec. 1982 and ended in Jun 1990. The movie came out in July 1988. You suck at math if that makes up a half.

That's how any organization works. Kaneda was the founder and leader. They are a bunch of street punks. Tetsuya was just unusually insecure

>i'd but the compilation hardcover

Not a lot for actually good thing.

is the manga better

Pure kino

Yes.

I remember the manga being excessively edgy. For example Tetsuo fucked a bunch of girls that died of brain damage or something right after.