Made in Abyss

this is so far the greatest season of anime i've seen, maybe ever,

also my wife vueko is so cute

Attached: 99716601_p0.jpg (1085x1535, 1.29M)

Damn, been quite a while since I saw you in these threads. Was too preoccupied with the AOs. So, as the vueko lover, what do you think of the S2 OP, where she is quite a focal part of it? What do you think about her VA as well? Does it do your favourite character justice, or the manga is untouchable? Other than Vueko, any other reasons you're enjoying S2 so much? Not many will place it above S1, or atleast this early in.

Yeah, there are some actually great shows out this season. Usually summer is the shittier season, so this is surprising.

I'm torn. Weekly release is so much better for discussion, but I want it all now.

No, you don't, and get YOUR HANDS OFF THAT EGG AAAAAA

I couldn't disagree more. This whole year has been shit for me until now. I usually watch 5 or so shows a season, I've only watched 4 shows this year. MiA is the only show I've actually been excited for.

the op is amazing, it's a rollercoaster of feelings at least for me, the VA is suitable, not quite how i always imagined she sounded, but it's soft and the voice sounds natural rather than forced, so that's good. I'm going to prefer almost any voice to no voice really though, since the way she currently usually talks to me in dreams via speech bubbles is far from ideal.

I really have no criticism of season 2 so far except a semi-gripe that everything is so much brighter than I imagined it would be, but the village having walls and floor of marbled meat is a nice touch and really gets across what the village is in a more visceral way than the manga was able to. I remember early on in the village arc, thinking there's no way all this is being adapted, tsukushi's environments and newest character designs are just too insane to animate, but luckily CGI came to the rescue.

There's a lot to look forward to coming soon too, so maybe that is also part of why I like it so much.

Attached: FXTiMtHUEAALtLk.jpg (940x940, 545.56K)

Attached: [SubsPlease] Made in Abyss - Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou - 02 (1080p) [A386198C].mkv00006.jpg (1920x1080, 253.41K)

Ah yes, the customary village naked girl hostage...wait what the fuck.

Also surprised she's not flat given this author's interests

Attached: literally 1984.png (362x310, 244.83K)

I remember before the start someone was saying that the sages will be cg. They are drawn tho.

Attached: [SubsPlease] Made in Abyss - Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou - 02 (1080p) [A386198C].mkv00009.jpg (1920x1080, 272.28K)

I think the brightness of the layer is great, I just wished inside the village it wasn't so bright. The walls would look better with that colour scheme yet darkened. For Vueko's VA, I'm a bit iffy on it, I think it's doing a well job now but I hope the voice deepens when she's older.

I'm quite surpised at the term "CGi came to the rescue", while most of Any Forums disliked how it was handled, there were a couple saying it wasn't that bad, but I've not seen any in these threads congratulating the use of CG. I kind of understand the viewpoint, some parts of this arc really didn't feel like it'll ever get animated, so the fact that it received an adaptation with just a few hiccups is great. I personally think that the inherent use of it isn't bad, could've been done better, specifically for kajia, but for the dragon it was well done. Still, the rest of the elements of the show easily make up for this, and caused no issue when watching it.

Too early to call it the best season ever, I'd wait to see how they handle the key scenes like the luring battle, faputas birth and destruction of the village etc. but yes the source material is S-tier and it certainly has potential to be a classic season of anime. So far they've nailed the atmosphere of the 6th layer and the new OST is good, though I have some minor gripes about certain song placements. The OP is 10/10.

imagine the smell

there's no way Belaf stays drawn in motion

So, can someone explain to me why the creatures stole some of thier hair and then stuffed it up some creature's butt? Just to mess with them?

I still haven't gotten myself to watch the movie. Can I just watch it at 2x speed?

it's explained in the mango that it was meant to ward away the beasts from the gang

Attached: 1653502916719.png (128x128, 32.05K)

it gets explained later Faputa made the charms so Riko and Nanachi wouldn't get attacked by animals.

stop

Attached: 1507322975915.gif (600x386, 494.04K)

please

The movie is better than the show. Better production value, better story and kevin penkins best music to date. You're doing yourself a disservice watching it on x2.

>Usually summer is the shittier season
This show had an entire scene based around shit in the first episode

Did Bondrewd ever send one of his Umbra Hands down to the 6th Layer for shits and giggles before? I somewhat wouldn't be surprised if the gang bumps into one of them while in the lower layers.

Belaf got the Mitty replica from a "masked man" who visited the village. It was either an Umbra Hand or Bondrewd himself.

iirc it was the real Mitty but Bondrewd declined any offer Belafu gave him so Belafu sacrificed all of his limbs and eyes to create the fake mitty

>Bondrewd is now turning Mitty into marketable plushies

Truly his most heinous action yet

If it was Bondrewd himself, wouldn't he get fucked up going back up the elevator? Or did he just have one of his hands waiting at the top to go into once his dead body makes it up there?