Why are the Japanese terrible at coming up with Anglo names?

Why are the Japanese terrible at coming up with Anglo names?

Attached: 1F36A1B7-E2EC-421B-81BB-813175A4C3B6.jpg (1200x1200, 315.89K)

Sneed Feedmann

They cant speak english

Anew Returner

It's not easy coming up with Anglo names. Usually, you have to come up with at least one good birth name, and one of at least a dozen different nationalities last names given all the Germans, Italians, Celts, Gauls, Spaniards, and Poles in the Anglosphere. Then you have blacks, hippies, and Mormons who come up with legendarily ridiculous names on a daily basis, but there's enough of a pattern to them to where if you don't do 'em right, they sound either wincingly inauthentic, or blatantly cribbed.

That said, I think the main blame is a combination of misguided creativity mixed with a laziness on the research department. Coming up with good names requires delving into census records, etymology dictionaries, and other such resources that're often avoided by a depressingly large subsection of writers, who for some reason think their wits alone'll be enough to guide them. Those that think this are always wrong, and unfailingly come up with terrible names, especially for characters who are from foreign cultures.

bart shartman

This isn't as bad as Nasu's names.

Stick Dinner

Sevenster holy fucking ken

Jesus...this reminds me of weebs Japanese OC names. How hard is it to mix and match random western names?

On the top of your head right now make a very Oriental sounding full name

i think Ohba said in the How To Read thing that he made those names wacky on purpose but i couldn't tell you for certain

Pushpinda Singh

They know these aren't really anglo names but no one wants to read a bout about boring ass Robert and Michele

Yamanaka Midori

They can, they just refuse to write it well.

>Nikola Nasberg
>Nasberg
>berg
Kira knows

That was kinda justifiable with Light. They picked an odd name for him on purpose to keep any poor shmucks in middle school from getting made fjn of by their classmates.

But characters who aren't serial murderers? Ostensibly normal people? I really don't know why you wouldn't just give the likes of them normal names. Espevially since so many of 'em are almost normal names anyway. "Ray Penber" could just as easily've been "Ray Penton" or something, especially since his fiancée had a perfectly normal name herself, and it's obvious the Death Note guys either know English rather well, or have a good research assistant on hand who does.

Tetsuya Yamazaki
Takeshita Honda
Yatsujiro Inoue
Mitsuki Morimoto
Ayu Azami
Kyoko Morikawa
Momo Hirano
Manami Morinaga

Fuck, that was too easy.

Lotta Cunny

Zhing Pa Jit Zhong

>It's not easy coming up with Anglo names
Yes it is. Just google "anglo names"

bro death note is from 2005 they didn't have computers back then

Damn, life must've suck back then hahaha. At least they had their smartphones though, right?

Bro they didn’t even have smartboards then