Every single non-DB manga he ever did is unfunny gag manga shit

>every single non-DB manga he ever did is unfunny gag manga shit

What did he meant with that?

Attached: akira_toriyama.jpg (300x379, 18.69K)

Japanese people aren't funny.

It's what he actually likes but is forced to make more Dragon Ball

Dragon Ball wasn't even made by him,
The red ribbon arc was a massive flop and they forced him to get "assistants" to help him, in reality they created a studio and other people aside from him wrote the story. Look it up, he had nothing to do with everything after Raditz, just drawing and some storyboards

stop making shit up

on Buu saga he achieved the status of legendary mangaka so the editors gave him some freedom only for him to shat the bed by forcing Gohan as the MC against a readership that hated the idea

>Run out of shitty Japanese-Chinese boomer humor
>Decide to try playing things straight for once
>Create the greatest battle shonen of all time and revolutionize the genre

one hit wonder much like every WSJ mangaka
Kishimoto's new shitty manga flopped so he went back to Boruto
Oda is too afraid to even attempt anything new so he's just milking his series dry
Kubo's other manga also flopped and is forgotten
I honestly have a lot of respect for people like Togashi or Fujimoto simply because they made more than 1 great manga, that's the bare minimum required to be respected as a manga artist I believe, unless your one-hit work is some ethereal masterpiece like blame!

I blame the fact that japanese is the easiest language for puns on the entire planet

Toriyama has Dr. slump

DB was his second hit you retard

>muh shitty gag manga
no

Dr. Slump was very popular in Japan during it's run, it doesn't matter what you think it is

Wano wasn't made by Oda either. It's too common nowadays

his only true merit was having a god-given talent for fluid action panelling, but without editors filtering his bad ideas he isn't worth shit

Him giving Toei's writers the green sign to mess with the canon in the DBS anime suddenly makes a lot of sense. He's used to not being the one on the driver's seat.

Dragonball was also a gag manga

I liked Zombie Powder

>Kubo's other manga also flopped and is forgotten
Zombie Powder flopped but its treasured. Wtf are you talking about

>some ethereal masterpiece like blame!
Or Shaman Kino

You ever wonder if Ichigo had less of a personality or presence because someone bitched to Kubo that the MC of Zombie Powder was too badass or something?