4 American

>4 American
>1 French
>0 Japanese
How long until they nominate an anime?

Attached: 82836464628.png (1193x1323, 1.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hWpKhVf8hyk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hopefully never

I like that one simpsons episode were they get an elephant it's pretty funny haha

Never. These industry awards are always nepotistic

It's better if they're just held separate, so they don't have to pretend it isn't all nepotism.

Isn't that just Disney or France?

my dude, the four in the pic are the archytypical noms every year.

Since when does disney own the simpsons?

Since they bought fox a couple years ago

>user lives under a rock

WB wanted Fena: Pirate Princess to make the cut they submitted it for approval to the holy council and they said "fuck you and fena and smiling friends"

oh no! anime are not at the emmys? what a tragedy. Good look with the validation in the next oscars.

>a thread died for this

Probably never. You have to remember, even though anime is more popular than ever, and most anime are probably more popular (globally) than all the other shows shown there, the committees for all of these award shows are made up of people in the industry. So they are going to do nothing but fellate each other for eternity. That's why all of these art house shows that 5 people watched win all of the awards as something like the Oscars, instead of things people watched, like the fucking Demon Slayer movie.

the west can sink with their gay niggers

youtube.com/watch?v=hWpKhVf8hyk

Garden of Words is still the most beautiful animated film of all time.

Attached: gow.jpg (1496x3238, 1.45M)

Aren't the Emmys just for American TV? I guess Netflix and all the streaming shit kinda shakes things up cos half of TV nowadays isn't even broadcast live and foreign shows are way more accessible, but I still doubt they'd ever nominate a Japanese show unless it was dubbed and heavily marketed towards American audiences. Shit, I don't think they'd even nominate Downton Abbey or Doctor Who.

Attached: 1649031082235.gif (360x270, 1.15M)

Nobody would nominate Doctor Who for anything these days

I've actually voted in their awards and seen how the nomination process is done. Long story some rich producer greases a few hands then buys the vote to make their show more advertiser money (I'm an old fart). That's how Shakespear in love beat Saving Private Ryan. The fact that squid game got nominations is giving me hope but even then people rarely watch the actual animated features and one guy I knew voted for zootopia because his daughter loved that movie

Attached: ezgif-3-1fff3168f8.gif (450x360, 3.83M)

>I only watch the ones that my kid wants to see, so I didn’t see [The] Boxtrolls but I saw Big Hero 6 and I saw [How to Train Your] Dragon [2]. We both connected to Big Hero 6 — I just found it to be more satisfying. The biggest snub for me was Chris Miller and Phil Lord not getting in for [The] Lego [Movie]. When a movie is that successful and culturally hits all the right chords and does that kind of box-office — for that movie not to be in over these two obscure freakin’ Chinese fuckin’ things that nobody ever freakin’ saw [an apparent reference to the Japanese film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya, as well as the Irish film Song of the Sea]? That is my biggest bitch. Most people didn’t even know what they were! How does that happen? That, to me, is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen.
Actual quote from an Oscar voter. Americans will never accept anime.

I can't remember if it was the Emmys or some other major award show, but the year Frozen came out they asked a handful of committee voters what they voted for and why. The comments generally fell into one of three categories:
>I didn't watch any of these, so I didn't bother voting
>I saw Frozen with my daughter and it absolutely deserves to win!
>The one guy who actually watched all four nominees advocating for whatever the dark horse nominee was that year

>Awards are corrupt and run by morons
No shit