Is anime inferior to manga?

Even though anime should be the better art form, considering they have a budget and can bring the drawings to life along with soundtracks. It's much easier to appeal to human emotion with the cinematic nature of anime, and yet there's very few shows that manage to capture that sort of feeling and the majority of those are original anime and not adaptations

Attached: makoto.jpg (640x360, 60.93K)

Anime adaptations are inferior to manga 95% of the time. Anime originals can occasionally rival the quality of manga.

The more people are involved in a project, the more diluted the end product becomes.

Problem with anime is that it's never supposed to be taken seriously as an art form and it's usually made0 to sell something else (game, manga, light novel) and thus things aren't explained in detail and not everything is adapted.
Most of the acclaimed anime is original because it's auteur based (Bebop, NGE) like manga is, less writers, less directors, one vision.

>is the medium that has a much lower lvl of entry that isn't as chained down by things like budget or trends, better at producing quality content
Really boggles the mind
>considering they have a budge
Lol
Lmao

Attached: Rei.jpg (1076x835, 425.86K)

You might THINK adapting manga is easy, but it's actually way harder, because manga isn't conforming to traditional storyboards, so you have to weigh the source material against what will work on television and in motion, and you have strict time constraints.

A budget isn't enough, either. A less-skilled team can absolutely botch a work.

anime has colour and thats all it takes to be superior

this lol. Making good looking manga that works as visual storytelling is way easier than making a good animation, not even touching the music/sound design

Nope colored manga is the ultimate art form. When you get a full colored version of your manga it means it's official kino

sometimes a budget doesnt matter though

Attached: storyboard.webm (512x362, 1.01M)

there's a few adaptions that surpass the source material
Like Nichijou, which is a pretty dry manga, is much improved by being 'wacky' and Yuukos VAs performance

Aside from music there are no benefits
Anime voice acting is shit 80% of the time
They have more time constraints than manga artists which means they have to rush shit to get the next episode rolling
More and more expensive so 13 episode shows are the norm now instead of 24/26 like before so there's way less time to develop things and they cram so many chapters into one episode to appeal to ADHD zoom
CGI is coming too in order to make things cheaper so it might as well be dead as an "Art form"
Anime just exists to pander to western audiences that are too lazy to look at drawings

>is much improved by being 'wacky'
elaborate on that. the anime's pretty faithful to the manga.

An old meme on here was 'forced animation' and that's what I mean, the overblown animation quality really does help sell the action much more effectively than the manga

Yeah, "forced animation" was annoying. It never really applied to the things people liked to accuse of it, either.

i hate reading

>Anime voice acting is shit 80% of the time
truth

While not "wacky", a similar thing could be said of Azumanga Daioh. When I got around to reading the manga, there were quite a few gags that would have made little sense to me had I not seen the anime first.

Manga = Anime original(OVA and ONA too) > Anime adaptation

Oui

For super action-heavy stuff, I think anime wins, especially when manga panels get too cluttered and it becomes hard to tell what's going on. (I still read Shonen instead of watching so I can speed read to facilitate my shitposting on Any Forums)

For everything else, manga is vastly better.