Despera

Since Despera is 80% done, can such an anime even survive in the current anime climate? When the industry is saturated with FOTM garbage and the bygone days of gritty psychologically heavy nuanced anime are far behind us is there any hope?

I'm gonna be happy either way, I just want it so bad Any Forumsnons.

Attached: Despera.png (646x390, 50.86K)

I feel like the industry is largely ignoring artsy anime, just look at Sonny Boy and Flip Flappers, they'd rather watch tired out isekai.

I too long for the days of gritty psychological anime for intellectuals such as myself.

Attached: ep-5-7.png (1366x768, 570.37K)

>comparing modern 'shit' like Sonny Boy and Flip Flappers to kino like Lain

Lmao, no.

>18 YEARS

It won't live up to any sort of expectations you have OP.

>When the industry is saturated with FOTM garbage and the bygone days of gritty psychologically heavy nuanced anime are far behind us is there any hope?
I hope it sucks ass and you hate it, you deserve it

Nah it probably won't be popular. I just hope it will be good. Will forever live in the shadow of if Nakamura had lived.

The funding is 80% done. Production is not 80% done.
Keep holding on to hope. If PSG can get a second season, Despera can get a first season.

Attached: 004.png (1024x725, 1.72M)

Chiyaki Konaka was never good anyway

>muh humans biology
>we are our flaws
>n-no transhumanism is bad

oh fuck off

Don't you think it's pretty juvenile to take issue with the ideas and not the way they're explained? In this industry especially what's important isn't what someone is trying to say but how they're saying it. You should be able to understand their ideas and entertain their process even if you can't accept or outright reject them.

>popular things exist, therefore current things bad
Kill yourself.

Go back to Any Forums.

Why would anyone go there?

The industry being saturated with what you call "FOTM garbage" doesn't magically make your artsy, so obscure gems any better by virtue of being less popular.

Ah but in that case it doesn't get better, it gets worse.
Konaka actively makes his work vague to hide the simplicity of his message.
Vague and slow, to make it seem more important, at the cost of entertainment.
Good authors don't need that, i.e. Miyazaki says more in a better way

but both sonny boy and flip flappers are isekai too

That's just hollow inference. For the same jump of reasoning you could say it builds atmosphere to compliment the message. Anyone could reason that because you disagree with the premise you find ways to paint the story in a light that fits your opinion of it already. Obviously if you want to hate something you'll find ways to, especially if you bring up Miyazaki when his works are completely different. Even if you enjoy one artist better than another an empty claim like "saying more in a better way" is meaningless because you haven't bothered to define what's valuable in storytelling in the first place. It's not that you have to enjoy every artist but the grounds on which you don't enjoy them appear to be "because I don't like it" which is reasonable, but so personal that it really doesn't need to be said.

>funding 80% complete
>production restarted multiple time

>multiple time

Goddamn, I remember posting that screenshot when he first said that. Can't believe it's now mid-2022 and still no news ;_;

Newfriend, these kind of anime never sold, that's why they stopped making them.

They stopped selling because you faggots eat shit for breakfast instead of supporting good anime.