Critics

is it me or is there a distinct lack of anime critics? For something as popular as anime you would expect there to be more critics around.
The only shows that are criticised are the really shitty anime that are not watched by many people.
The actual popular shows are barely ever criticised.
Anime fans in general have very low standards and the complete lack of critics doesn't help

Attached: ereee.jpg (735x774, 101.53K)

Is this an attempt at setting up a situation where you can namedrop your youtube channel completely naturally?

Fuck off.
There is no need for anime "critics". If you want an opinion on an anime, watch it and form your own.

>where you can namedrop your youtube channel completely naturally?
don't have one
>There is no need for anime "critics"
There is, because some people are too dumb to analyse things properly.

anitubers are usually """critics""" but those are all dogshit

they aren't
Show me an anituber criticising a popular anime like one piece or jjk
If they do criticise something its the lesser known stuff
Also i forgot to mention, without critics, anime ratings are driven completely by the lowest common denominator. Which is bad for obvious reasons.

>it me or is there a distinct lack of anime critics?
Who cares your average critic is just as retarded as some 15 year old on twitter the only difference is one gets paid to spew garbage out of his mouth

young defiant is the only one worth noting.

>your average critic
That seems like a baseless claim, expecially since there are alack of anime critics
Even if what you are saying were true, having critics would be better than not having them because anime fans are mostly teens and young adults anyways. Atleast the presence of critics might cause people to develop better standards.

>The actual popular shows are barely ever criticised.
Plenty of faggots on twitter talk shit of every anime ever made, it doesn't matter if it's popular or not because they all have the Any Forums console war mentality.
I actually hope anime never gets, lets say, "proffesional critics" in the western side of the world, most "critics" of anime productions don't even know where Japan is, I've seen how retarded they are recently, while reading some reviews for Inu oh

just from the length of his videos and the way he names his videos it seems more like a joke channel
Its not really an anime channel either

>Atleast the presence of critics might cause people to develop better standards.
Cool meme it sure worked great fir movies

>having critics would be better than not having them because anime fans are mostly teens and young adults anyways. Atleast the presence of critics might cause people to develop better standards.
Please look at what critics think of Marvel/DC and what the fans of it think about what the critics think of Marvel/DC
If you are so worried for teens and adults you'll never meet then why would you want to spoon feed them? Having people explain to others what to think about something would go against your very idea here. You want to just tell them what to think?
If someone doesn't have any interest of their own in thinking about what they are reading/watching they they arenot worth it to begin with. You can't force them to care.

Kill yourself snkuck

>Plenty of faggots on twitter talk shit of every anime ever made
twitter is not a good platform for critisicm and i doubt those guys have intelligent takes
>I actually hope anime never gets, lets say, "proffesional critics" in the western side of the world
I hope it does, there are many overrated shows and right now anime ratings are driven by popularity more than anything else
>most "critics" of anime productions don't even know where Japan is
doubtful
I would say that movies and tv shows are in a better place when compared to anime. Garbage shows are more consistently shit on
With anime its the mediocre shows that are the most overrated, with the market being completely flooded with isekai and dominated by shallow teen oriented media
Its why "flooding the market with isekai" like how kadokawa says and does is a valid strategy
Anime fans have no standards.

Attached: 1647722607551.png (360x283, 113.08K)

>there are many overrated shows and right now
Like what, for example?

Criticism is worthless drivel produced by faggots too retarded to produce the art they criticise. It is also, as you seem to be suggesting, merely nit-picking negativity, which is even less worthwhile and already produced by the bucketload.

>with the market being completely flooded with isekai and dominated by shallow teen oriented media
>Anime fans have no standards
oh no user, don't watch anime from the 70's/80's/90's

>If someone doesn't have any interest of their own in thinking about what they are reading/watching they they arenot worth it to begin with.
wrong, the reason why there are so many trashy anime is partially due to the lack of critics. Some people just go with the flow and consume what is popular. Critics would force them to think and get in the habit of being more critical themselves
>Please look at what critics think of Marvel/DC and what the fans of it think about what the critics think of Marvel/DC
Elaborate on what you are talking about then

>Garbage shows are more consistently shit on
Means jack shit when they are constantly on top of revenue charts
>With anime its the mediocre shows that are the most overrated, with the market being completely flooded with isekai and dominated by shallow teen oriented media
Same thing applies to movies you cant bitch and moan about anime when movies have been flooded with cape shit for 10 years now and teen oriented shit as well
>Anime fans have no standards.
Neither does your average movie fan as seen by the most popular movies every year

like jjk

>is partially due to the lack of critics
Wrong, it's because of pantyshots and bouncing boobs that have been there since anime was born.
> Some people just go with the flow and consume what is popular
Nothing wrong with that if they just want entertaintment
>Critics would force them to think and get in the habit of being more critical themselves
So you really just want someone to tell them how to think, instead of letting people who give a shit think for themselves

why is it overrated?

You really are just complaining about 15 years olds on twitter aren't you...

>Criticism is worthless drivel produced by faggots too retarded to produce the art they criticise.
So basically you are saying people should consume things without thinking like smoothbrains, lmao
Just because you can't produce something does not mean that you should not think about it
A product is meant for consumption, and to guage what is more worthwhile you need to be able to be critical
Otherwise you will keep eating shit.
>which is even less worthwhile and already produced by the bucketload
Lol no, actualy well thought out criticism is absent from anime.

>wrong, the reason why there are so many trashy anime is partially due to the lack of critics. Some people just go with the flow and consume what is popular. Critics would force them to think and get in the habit of being more critical themselves

I believe this. The trashy tropes in the 80s and 90s have become the norm in today's anime. Japs don't like to criticize their peers because they have a culture of respect and seniority which may sound nice in paper but it makes society/culture stagnant.

>you are saying people should consume things without thinking
No. You can't even fucking read you god damned retard.

>Japs don't like to criticize their peers
In public (Unless it's Tomino or Oshii, etc)
Nips talk shit all day, it's just that the otaku have money to spend

>Same thing applies to movies you cant bitch and moan about anime when movies have been flooded with cape shit for 10 years now and teen oriented shit as well
cape shit is one single genre. Anime has a much higher ammount of problem genres
Generally there are a higher number of quality movies that are released in an year compared to anime
>Means jack shit when they are constantly on top of revenue charts
Examples? Apart from capeshit.

>it's just that the otaku have money to spend
And the animators became animators because they wanted to draw bouncing boobs just like they saw when they were kids

Too few people even know how to take in what they're reading. I could probably go to 5 random threads and point out 5 people who don't understand basic foreshadowing, in something written for teenagers. And if the people here are more relatively 'hardcore', then any hopes for good anime critics are lost.

because people that watch anime and read manga have had their brain rotted to the point where they consoom and move on to the point even Marvelfags would be embarrassed to be associated with them