ELFEN LIED

Watched like half of the anime years ago and started the manga today.

What should I expect? A trashy, edgy fun read or pure boring shit?

Attached: SmartSelect_20220713-195846_TachiyomiJ2K.jpg (701x455, 150.54K)

comically edgy with a little bit of sad

go watch the anime

Motherfucking Bando hell yeah

This.
Also, the anime had an original ending iirc somewhere around the time when the manga was a third or halfway done, so it's going to be quite different.

Just amateur execution of not particularly novel ideas. Ask yourself if you wouldn't rather have:
1. Good execution
2. Novel concepts
In your fiction.

Attached: 1626593837779.png (1920x1080, 3.13M)

This. I like this. Nice.

Yeah I heard very often about the anime being way better than the manga in almost every way, but I don't watch anime anymore and even if I did, after reading Parallel Paradise and Gokukoku no Brynhildr I decided that I want the full and pure Lynn Okamoto experience (except for Nononono, I'm not gonna read 142 chapters of people doing skii)

The manga is peak trashkino. The anime is pretentious boring trash that only 14 year olds like, don't bother with it.

Attached: EL-v01-ch01-050.jpg (834x1200, 244.45K)

Blood, dumb shit, piss, low incest, masive ryona on lolis, inmortal soldier cyborg, dumb shit.

I had fun reading it.

I just finished volume 6 and have cried at least 4 times already.
Sure the art is shit, and the writing is nothing but clichés, but like said, when you look at the whole thing, it's trashkino.
Maybe I'm just fed up with highschoolers and action stories where there's no fucking stakes because no one ever dies or gets permanently disabled.
And the basic bitch morality/phil 101 stuff tickles my fancy like in parasyte.
Have fun OP; I know I am.

Attached: 1493524922908.png (736x828, 578.37K)

Attached: Maple Inn.jpg (3507x2480, 2.52M)

Nice concept with Germanic traditional elements here or there, but for most of time you will see nudity and gore.

It was fun to read, but I wouldn't pick it up again. Gokukoku no Brynhildr, created by the same mangaka, was better in my opinion.

Attached: Karaoke.jpg (2190x1260, 638.96K)

I read it recently. The character art sucks until the end and the story is awful in general even though the mutants abilities seemed to have potential to be cool but Lynn just floundered it.

It's decent enough after the first three volumes or so.

Attached: elfenliedartcomparison.jpg (1548x515, 184.91K)

Don't know about the manga, but the anime was super edgy and mostly shit. Had a few good moments that showed potential, and the premise was cool.

It's good if you have piss and infantilism fetishes like the author

The manga is both way more light-hearted and way edgier.

Pretty sure infantilism wasn't in it.

>What should I expect?
Just fucking read or watch it. Why do you need a fucking thread to prime you to watch something?