On a whim, I finished the first season of Re:Zero, and it was actually pretty good

On a whim, I finished the first season of Re:Zero, and it was actually pretty good.

But damn, the I LOVE EMILIA thing was not exaggerated in the slightest.

But I'll be real, I was expecting Subaru to be much more of a loser. He's an extrovert, he'd function perfectly well in normal society.

No spoilers for season 2 please.

Attached: all of 4chan.png (1276x714, 1.36M)

Have you seen Gigguk's ReZero in 10m vid?

No. Is it funny? The twists and turns of season 1 were actually quite compelling, so I'm not going to watch spoiler stuff.

I thought. similarly to you after i watched it like 2 years ago.
Season 2 really wasn’t nearly as good though. There’s a few cool s1 worthy scenes in s2 but they are so few and far between.
S2 sucks

>He's an extrovert
A failed one

He wasn’t even a NEET for that long as season 2 reveals. And the novels make it pretty clear that he regularly engaged in shit that no actual NEET would do, like work out or swing a kendo sword autistically.

He works out and he's obviously an experienced flirt. I bet he was just having a bad year or two.

Don't watch S2. It's not that it's just not a good a adaptation of the source material, it's a live butchering, genuinely horrible. It fucking skipped time loops in a time loop story. Usually people would go and write exactly everything changed/missing, but if you really don't want to be spoiled, just take my word for it and read the Web Novel. Not the LN, the Web Novel for arc 4 onwards. If reading WN's isn't your kind of thing, then just don't watch S2, and you'll atleast enjoy what you watched so far. The WN is worth the read.

Also, I'll give you a heads up, while usually anime threads are split from WN threads for most series, Re Zero does tend to have a bad case of the discussion of the latest chapters moving to any thread that's up, even if it's meant only for anime. Your thread might stay normal, but in case it does happen, I warned you.

Want to discuss S1? What was your favorite scene?

The only spoiler for S2 is that you shouldn't watch it, pick the WN from the end of Arc 3 and you're golden.

Subaru is just going through a bad time, mentally.
He wasn't really a neet for more than a couple of months and was generally a good kid, just not mentally healthy.
>experienced flirt
Iirc this isn't spoilers but a funny side note, he had a crush on his kindergarten teacher and wrote a very in depth love letter to her.
Anyway, read the interludes plus the web novel version of arc 4, at least before trying to watch it.

>He's an extrovert, he'd function perfectly well in normal society.
Let's be a realistic
An introvert loser Mc just wouldn't work.

Everything I know about it is from Isekai Quartet, which I watch for Ainz. All these other series just read as his eccentric schoolmates to me. I kind of like the clown magician teacher. Subaru just makes me think of cars. The Betelgeuse guy was fucking great.

Re:Zero's villians are all a lot of fun and have a lot of character, only issue is it takes five arcs to see more than a few of them.

Damn, I never thought somebody's first interaction with betelguese would be from isekai quartet. I have no idea how that quartet is so popular, 2 seasons and even a movie for a chibi crossover, even if it includes all or the high earning isekai Kadekawa can get their hands on, it always seemed to for me that it's something that might work on paper, but flaunder when it'll come out. Guess I was wrong.

Yeah shit is fucking weird

I thought the second season of Quartet was weaker than the first, but I just enjoy the antics and getting to enjoy the Overlord characters and their seiyuu in something (since I actually don't care for the Overlord anime, it completely tarnishes the books after season 1). It's short and sweet. I don't understand why they announced a third season 2 years ago, might be a joke that didn't land. The movie seems to be doing something very strange and introducing characters from the original isekai settings that haven't been shown in their source materials yet.

Yea, the "I love emilia" thing ended up mindbreaking a lot of remfags.

Attached: 1638447920933.jpg (1280x720, 41.82K)

>[Rem: Say “I love you”…]
>Rem spilled these words out with a faint, frail voice while looking up at Subaru.
>In her vision which had become blurred by the swell of tears that gushed up, she saw Subaru shake his head. After that, Subaru brought his face close to her and said,
>[Subaru: I love you(suki da)]
>[———–]
>[Subaru: I love you(daisuki da). Isn’t that obvious…If you aren’t with me, I can’t live on…]
>It was his true feelings. If you were to say that this was when he spilled everything out, that wouldn’t be an exaggeration and would be an accurate statement. If it wasn’t for her, he wouldn’t come this far. >If she were to disappear, he would not be able to live on.
>[Rem: Ahhh…I’m happy…]
>Accepting Subaru’s confession, Rem felt a tear alongside her closed eyes. Taking in Subaru’s words happily, her face quickly blushed. Soon after, it now really did seem that all power within her body had departed.
>[Subaru: Wait…]
>[Rem: I love you(aishiteimasu), Subaru-kun]
>[Subaru:Don’t fuck with me, stay by my side. You’re going to leave me with regrets again!?]
>Subaru could not bear to live in a near future where Rem would cease to exist. Along with knowing this fact since long ago, her existence still has become sooo much more important to him, compared to long ago. So,
>[Subaru: In the future where I talk while smiling, I need you…I don’t want this]
>[Rem: In that future, is it okay if I stay by your side?]
>[Subaru: ….Isn’t the answer obvious? I won’t let you go to anyone else’s side.]
>Wiping off her tears that were suspended on her eyelids, Subaru looked straight at Rem and said:
>[Subaru: You are mine. I won’t let anyone have you.]
>[Rem: Proposal accepted!]
>[Subaru: Heh?]
Raw Version ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/138/
WN Eng Version remonwater.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/rezero-web-novel-translated-scene-of-rem-feigning-her-death/
LN Yen Press Version pastebin.com/XPWB6xPr

The anime cuts it, but Subaru is supposed to fall for Rem and confess to her at the end of episode 21. They didn’t think there was going to be a S2 and thought they could get away with it, but Subaru being in love with Rem is really important, character defining almost.

Isn't that just Tappei and his autistic need to write everything but the main story?

More to do with his hard-on for her that makes very little sense, especially when compared to interactions with Rem.

While I do think it's shit writing, you could theoretically just brush it off as Subaru being a retared teen and Emilia was his irrational teen crush.

Don't start this shit again, this isn't even the general thread.

Good to see the conditioning still holding up nicely!

One of Overlord's Six Great Gods is in the movie, too. I don't know if the other two are doing it, though. And isn't Konosuba over?

At first, I'd say he thought she was exactly his type. Plus, being as kind as she was and him being terrified of being left alone, by anchoring to her he gained employment and a place to live.
He idealised her until he knew her better, but he still loves her though what type of love that is is up in the air.

I just think it’s him having an unhealthy fixation on her rather than a genuine crush since she seemed to be the only constant source of kindness throughout all of his (gruesome) return by deaths. It makes sense but it’s still annoying.

The villains are pretty much the only thing I like about Re:Zero. Season 1 was pretty bad, but the scenes involving Petelgeuse were quite fun. Season 2 was garbage, but I liked the witches. Not bothering with season 3, though, the last episodes of second season were already a chore.