Can someone explain to me why this series is popular?

Can someone explain to me why this series is popular?
>the main characters are carbon copies of the main characters of Death Note. Kaguya is Light, Hayasaka is Ryuk, Shirogane is L, and Chika is Misa.
>Barely any fanservice
>It's supposed to be a seinen, but it feels more like a weird amalgamation of a shojo romance and a battle shonen.
>Every single chapter/episode is the same, as if it were a vintage saturday morning cartoon where everything resets and the same gags are repeated over and over again.
>the art style is horrendous
>It's filled with creepy shit, like Miyuki's sister being obsessed with Miyuki's love life, and Kaguya's male cousin having a crush on Kaguya.
>Ishigami feels like the mangaka's self insert.
>Everything involving Miko makes me feel extremely uncomfortable

Attached: cfaaa751ce731f3abecca872ddc9e7ac1649904522_main.jpg (1064x1596, 220.27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lYWpeAUiFCo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

women and fags

lgbt youth

>meme-potential
>simple premise
>based on roles from the Bamboo Cutter
>the 2 girls who take up the most screen time are incredibly popular
>romcom

Attached: 1656838124680.png (224x215, 54.52K)

>"Why does copying something popular make something popular?"
>R34 can handle this
>a fun kid's show that lets you pretend you're mature, in other words
>formulas work
>no idea
>incest is the best, put your family to the test
>so it's like 90% of Japanese fictional media, then
>no idea
Haven't even read/ watched this series and I was able to answer most of your questions.

this guy will explain it to you with a few words

youtube.com/watch?v=lYWpeAUiFCo

That same YouTuber ranked Kaguya as a B Tier anime just 2 years ago. WTF happened? Why did he change his mind?

its more popular now shitting on it won't get you views

>faggots basement
Don't care about his opinions

Amidst the clusterfucks that are modern romcoms Kaguya-sama is a easy, light read. Turn-your-brains-off manga that is, in all its simplicity, extremely entertaining.

make show about kei

Attached: __shirogane_kei_kaguya_sama_wa_kokurasetai_tensai_tachi_no_renai_zunousen_drawn_by_kamuchin_soda__713143a5884b18b05e06400862672fae.jpg (759x1200, 611.1K)

>why is this popular, it's like Death Note
>Death Note is popular
stopped reading, op dumb

Normies like faggotry, so they read it, watch it, and they fart the Internet with all that spam about how this series is more special than any other romcom shit.

It is better than most romcoms. But that's not saying much, because most romcoms are Twilight tier.

She's 14, fuck off.

Actually kill yourself

>the main characters are carbon copies of the main characters of Death Note. Kaguya is Light, Hayasaka is Ryuk, Shirogane is L, and Chika is Misa.
Ok, so?
>Barely any fanservice
That's the joke
>It's supposed to be a seinen, but it feels more like a weird amalgamation of a shojo romance and a battle shonen.
Have you ever read any Seinen outside of Young Jump? Like from a Kirara magazine?
>Every single chapter/episode is the same, as if it were a vintage saturday morning cartoon where everything resets and the same gags are repeated over and over again.
>the art style is horrendous
Subjective
>It's filled with creepy shit, like Miyuki's sister being obsessed with Miyuki's love life, and Kaguya's male cousin having a crush on Kaguya.
Kei is just a nosy brat. Boyfucker Mikado is more like a distinct cousin twice remove, they're barely related and that's the joke.
>Ishigami feels like the mangaka's self insert.
Ishigami is everyone's self insert.
>Everything involving Miko makes me feel extremely uncomfortable
That's the joke.

>Barely any fanservice
Someone post the webm from the OVA

that's a good one, i kek'd hard

Nice bait thread faggot

The first two seasons were absolutely hilarious. The most recent one not so much

No

More like fuck me