Why would anyone read romcom manga when the stories never go anywhere?

Why would anyone read romcom manga when the stories never go anywhere?

Attached: 1642806484599.jpg (3347x2400, 2.28M)

Top right two had reasonable pacing. Now whether the aftermath is any good, that’s different.

It's for the reader to vicariously experience high school romance.

I'm here for the "com", not the "rom".

user...
That com is heavily tied to the rom

Bottom left feels like it's finishing up and isn't even that long if you consider how short the chapters are.

Plot progression isn't always the point, shounenkid.

This is essentially a comic of life. Most of the time is wasted in a whole lot of chores in your life. Love, as important as it is, is really an embellishment of life itself.
>Kanojo is essentially a manga that tells a love life story. It's just that the author chose an extremely bad path. Pretty women can easily control stupid and pathetic men. She ruins everything for the man, but is not responsible for anything. The manga turns into a horrible interpretation of the worst kind of love in the real world.

Attached: 彼女、お借りします.jpg (862x1093, 124.51K)

I really don't know.
The only one I read was Uzaki-chan but I dropped it after the two got together, it just feels pointless to read past that when the comedy is always sub-par in these types of series.

Don't lie to yourself, the "com" is almost always weak as fuck, slightly humorous at best. Go watch Danshi koukousei or Cromartie or something if you wanna laugh.

That's why I read yuri romcoms.

Attached: 1649007604538.png (3600x2560, 1.35M)

I know crying about romcom has been the "updoot pls" post for years but at some point you have to realize you are complaining about the equivalent of a McDonald's burger

Attached: 1653849114915.jpg (400x400, 97.32K)

I only read romcoms with sex scenes.

Attached: DLraw.net-020.jpg (992x1400, 335.26K)

you included series where the couple got together and are currently dating and there's no obvious end in sight like with your average romcom. seems to me you don't know anything about those series and you're just assuming they're the same as shit like amano megumi where there's no progress until the end where they get together

Absolutely not a single one of those are good as a romcom. Marinfags will cry about it, but Sono Bisque is good for cosplay stuff. Without it it's just another shitty romcom.

yeah,just like real life

didn't the Ayumu one start dating recently?
also the staying power seems to be how much you like the heroine. that's why i still think fondly of Ayumu and i dropped Nagatoro and Uzaki.

Episodic stories are totally ok.
We just enjoy the situation of the moment.

>the staying power seems to be how much you like the heroine
really? I normally like the male lead more.

that also counts to it but to me you generally cant go wrong with the male lead. i like the Ayumu dudes headstrong attitude and the Uzaki guys caring (i think, ive forgotten a lot about him) yet generally deadpan reactions to Uzaki while disliking something like the Nagatoro's dudes pushover nature to a girl that thinly veils her weaknesses (perhaps because he is too good natured to push her buttons). it just doesn't matter that much to me.

So I can complain everytime some kind of progress is made.

Attached: 1646748665245.jpg (1500x800, 365.39K)

Maybe don’t read ongoing romcoms if that’s your issue?

It's by design. Lighthearted slice of life romcoms are intended as feel-good stories.

is it wrong that I fulfilled something that is lost in my life, user?

>Uzaki guys caring (i think, ive forgotten a lot about him) yet generally deadpan reactions to Uzaki
I like him more than Uzaki. His struggle is very endearing and more interesting.

Attached: 0085-009.jpg (650x924, 101.66K)

>Lighthearted slice of life romcoms are intended as feel-good stories.
but I don't feel good just frustrated

I'm less concerned with them getting anywhere than I am with how enjoyable the journey is. Granted there's only so far I'm willing to go without getting anywhere, but I'm not a completist, so I'll just quiety drop anything I get bored with and move on.

>duke of death
they fugged, though. nor was it actually that long
there are also two other pairings that got together in 50 chapters or so

i can understand that, he is constantly stressing over things.
this might be me being out of touch but his living situation is just so barren, do college students really live like this in japan? not even a hobby that takes up space?

Attached: xP8XSrl.jpg (1280x720, 98.1K)