Evangelion

I just finished NGE and EoE. I don't believe there is a better Any Forums ending that can surpass it. I was going to start on Rebuild of Evangelion, but based on what I heard it is trash. Is it worth watching or should I remain ignorant? How much does it fuck up the original series?

Attached: ade2675509f527dec21f5ad65bac1ae2e527f397_00.gif (320x218, 511.6K)

>but based on what I heard it is trash. Is it worth watching or should I remain ignorant?
Form your own opinions you pathetic retard

It's probably best to wait about 10 years. Dig into the games like eva 64. Read a few of the mangas. Read some old interviews. Really stay up late wondering who killed kaji. Then if you still like eva watch the rebuild movies.

>Forming your own opinions
No.

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 56.31K)

Fuck off back to you crossboarding faggot

Shut up and go watch Ideon.

Attached: D-6J3JLU8AETnhN.jpg (2169x3069, 1.9M)

Eva is better.

Filtered.

Rei is best girl.

Attached: 1364579529712.jpg (640x932, 226.37K)

I finished it and the movie. And I enjoyed it. Eva was just better.

Your opinion means nothing.

I finished NGE and EoE like a week ago. Obviously it's a product of its time but I was left pretty dissatisfied that so many potential answers were left as mysteries or ambiguous. At least I managed to watch it almost entirely blind. No idea what to watch next.

The rebuilds are not worth watching. They're dogshit, and only mess with the originals if you assume they're canon. (they're not)

Attached: 1611786347521.png (1076x1300, 1.69M)

Rebuilds are as canon as EoE was.

NGE and EoE: alternate endings, equally canon
Rebuilds: pure diarrhea, not canon.

Written and directed by the same people.
And the rebuilds does reference NGE.

EoE was just the true ending than whatever the fuck the end of NGE was trying to be with it's sudden abstractness.

>should I remain ignorant?
yes

Rebuild is not Evangelion.
It is a cash-grab alternate universe thing that has some similar characters. That being the case, it is still ok for what it is. It has some decent action and visuals. Some really nice shots of Asuka and a couple of neat scenes with Rei.
Evangelion was a psychological exploration of teenage combatants in a world of supernatural robots and aliens.

Are you wanting story, or just something to watch while chewing popcorn?

This, but also the visuals fucking suck.

Attached: SOUL7.jpg (1920x1893, 1.52M)

>EoE was just the true ending
In your head canon.

>Really stay up late wondering who killed kaji.
Fucking retard. It was some random NERV/SEELE agent, there's literally Anno's confirmation on this subject.