Why won't the Isekai genre die already? It lasted longer than the battle harem genre which lasted what? 4 or 5 years?

Why won't the Isekai genre die already? It lasted longer than the battle harem genre which lasted what? 4 or 5 years?

Attached: 1639295113618.jpg (818x1200, 156.87K)

escapism

Ya know what I'm surprised that never happened when battle harem was the hot stuff?
>Shota MC with a battle harem
>Male MC in a battle harem of magical girls

Fuck off Any Forumsermin

the only issue i have is that i cant think of a single isekai that needs an isekai setting. they literally do nothing with it other than allow the mc to make a bath house or random references to modern world. they dont want to go home. they never go home. they never grow as a person or have a character arc. just get super god power and bitches on their dick. like inu yasha was a double isekai with her needing to return to his world/time and him coming to hers and not being able to stay. she could have stayed home forever multiple times, yet couldnt let people die and had to give up her safe school life to go back and fight. both learn and grow from it. escaflowne is similar - she is always trying to go home and her selfishness costs lives and causes problems. she grows over time and eventually gets her wish to go home, but cant stay and chooses to go back to save lives. she has sacrifice and growth. there are numerous past isekai like this. even comedy ones like zero louise use their isekai setting. compared to say explosion girl isekai for very similar setting, hes just there. he isnt trying to go home. theres no emotional impact. theres a couple jokes about it, but for all intents and purposes, he could be random villager in the exact same setting and nothing would change. he would be same character, same arcs, same everything. just wouldnt have 'knowledge' of chuunis and stuff, but could do literally everything without him being isekai character. its like they cant be assed to make a setting and flesh out history and magic and lore, so just 'its dragon quest rpg deal with it nerds' and shit out the same cliches for every single one.

Ascendance of a Bookworm is pretty good isekai

Modern day isekai, is self insert bait for author's who don't believe they can make mc's their reader's can relate too, or it's for author's who lack the confidence in the ability for their fantasy setting standing up on its own feet.

>they dont want to go home. they never go home
Clearly you've never seen Escaflowne, Leda, El Hazard, Those who hunt elves, et cetera.
Watch more Isekai.

>Watch more Isekai.
I'd rather drink poison. No thanks.

The fantasy world Isekai genre is so fucking over saturated and boring

Try naming one made this century
And how the fuck could you not list Now and Then Here And There

You're just made that the ideal form of entertainment has been found, which seamlessly merges the four greatest genres of literature: action, adventure, fantasy, and harem. It isn't going anywhere, and in decades and centuries we will speak of the pinnacles of isekai in the same way as we do Homer, Shakespeare, and Dostoyevsky now.

Based

>seamlessly merges the four greatest genres of literature:
>action,
>adventure,
>fantasy,
>harem.
What the fuck are you smoking??

Literally only fantasy and adventure are genres of literature, and the two overlap massively.

And since when was fucking harem a genre of literature, let alone "the greatest?" Jesus fuck, I actually felt my brain cells shrink reading your idiotic fucking post. You have negative IQ. You're so stupid it's actually contagious.

Romance is a genre, and harem is the ideal for of romance.

There is Aselia, but that's from 2003. Web novels really ruined isekai

Well, Shield Hero clearly wants to go home...

>harem is the ideal for of romance.
Says who?

Says everyone who understands fine arts. You are culturally ignorant buffoon, like from red American state such as Nebraska or Alberta. You have McDonald's taste. Educate yourself then speak to me again.

I love isekai, and loved battle harems

>Can't deny those digi
This is true, its one of the very rare examples.
These incle self insert shows are really getting repetitive.

Like any trend it will fall off with time.

I've never seen anyone reputable ever say that "harem is ideal for romance." Citation needed you sperg.