Is the One Piece anime worth watching?

So, on Sundays I usually chill all day playing video games while watching some anime, I rarely watch anything that is very long, but my sister’s boyfriend who I was talking about anime with at work last Friday really insisted I need to watch One Piece (he wants me to watch “at least 130 episodes”). From what I know and what I’ve read, it has entire filler arcs, and it is very slow sometimes, so is it even worth it to watch? (I also watch dub if I’m binge watching, sub if I’m already invested in the series and I don’t skip any episodes, even fillers and garbage, if it gets too bad/annoying I just abandon whatever I’m watching altogether usually.

Attached: I dropped one piece after 10 episodes because it was boring trash.png (1080x1349, 1.78M)

it's fine you will die before it ends you got time to catch up

Kill yourself.

>HEY IS THIS ANIME GOOD
Fuck off, Any Forums isn't for spoonfeeding or recommendations.

No it's not worth your time

Any Forums - Anime & Manga
Fucking newfag.

I would if I wasn't a pussy

>my sister’s boyfriend who I was talking about anime with at work last Friday really insisted I need to watch One Piece (he wants me to watch “at least 130 episodes”).
Jesus fucking Christ, OPfags still do this? user, One Piece is a fucking cult. Do not bother.
You've actually been given a perfect example of how people are indoctrinated into liking it.
They are asked to spend 100s of hours on One Piece before they give an opinion on it, and few who do have the courage to admit it sucks because then they are also admitting they wasted 100s of hours, only to not "get it".
This is why your sister’s boyfriend HAD to say 130 episodes. To make you suffer, to "pay penance" before enjoying One Piece.
Narutofags do not do this. That series starts strong on the Land of Waves, and then amps it up by going to the Chunin Exams.
Bleachfags MIGHT ask you to watch 20 episodes before it gets good (Soul Society Arc).
OPfags are the only psychos to look you dead in the eye and say
>watch for 92 episodes until Alabasta Arc begins. That's when One Piece gets good.
Fuck. You know what I just did? I looked up the OP Alabasta arc to see what episode it starts and ends on. 92-130. Motherfucker. Your sister’s boyfriend knows EXACTLY what he's doing.

Attached: 1652110398819.gif (128x128, 280.17K)

if you dont like the show by episode 5, drop it. if it doesnt "click" with you by episode 30, also drop it. Baratie is when you really start to see the scale of the world, which is what keeps most people invested and keep watching. if that sense of world depth doesnt apeal to you when its introduced, the show has nothing to offer you.

basically . Also once you get into the anime only watch it until the water 7 arc ends, afterwards you should just read the manga

> watch 130 episodes

You dont need to watch that much but you have to give it a chance to impress you.
If you watch the first 30 episodes and you dont like it its probably not for you.

The funny part is, he literally said wait until the end of alabsta arc which is your exact example.

if you really plan on watching it then watch an edited version like dub pace that keeps the anime just to the manga

Read the manga
If you don't like it by chapter 7 just drop it and forget about it

Yeah, that's what I meant in the last sentence.
It's like they're given a script or something to indoctrinate new members.

This. If you still have no interest after Arlong Park, drop the series.

No. I actually read a good amount of one piece forever ago but lost interest. I tried to get back into it with the anime but the pace is fucking unbearable, I didn't even make it through a single arc. It felt like they were doing one chapter per fucking episode or something, it was unreal.

Manga's great. Anime isn't

>It felt like they were doing one chapter per fucking episode or something
Current pace is like 1/2 or 1/3 of a chapter an episode more or less

>Current pace is like 1/2 or 1/3 of a chapter an episode more or less
that is fucking retarded

> is the [BLOG BLOG BLOG BLOG BLOG]
why are twitter zoomers like this? did they not get enough attention from their parents growing up?

Imagine all the great anime/manga you could consume in that same amount of time..

"how dare these people who have been lurking since 2020 post on my website! they should have waited like me, someone who's been lurking since 2018!"